65 - Basement Prisoner

Mikan, Hotaru, Mia and Ruka arrived to a path where it splits into three ways

"Natsume should be around here" Ruka says as they form a circle, discussing which way they should choose. "Perfect, we're with four people so the twins, me and Ruka will each take one way" Hotaru interprets and the girls are already on the move while Ruka stays rooted to his spot.

"So we're going to split up?" He asks again, but what if something happens?

"We've not got much time left, don't get lost, Ruka. This is not the time to hesitate" Mikan says, she is already going on her way while holding onto Mia's hand.

"But--"

"Are you scared?" The three girls give him a judging look, sending a rush of heat to Ruka's cheeks as he quickly denies it.

"Geez, Ruka has no courage at all" Mia commented, laughing at his expression. "You really are a spoiled child" Mikan added the salt to his wound while Hotaru shoots the final blow by saying, "Ruka, you really are useless" with her usual poker face.

Mia chuckles seeing his expression as an idea popped up in her mind. "I will stay here as a back up. If any of you found Natsume, contact me" she suggested and the three of them agreed to her idea.

"Then, I'll go this way. Ruka, you go that way. When you are alone you can't act too spoiled, hurry!" Mikan exclaims while pointing her index finger to the right way, Hotaru to the left one and Ruka for the middle way.

"You guys--!"

"You're loud, Ruka. When you find Natsume, contact me with this" Hotaru stated, handing them the panda headphones. "Mia, be ready. You need to head out as soon as possible when one of us find Natsume" She commanded. "Alright" Mia answered and they take off to their chosen path.

"Mia, about Natsume's younger sister..could she be your friend, Aoi?" Watery suddenly asks after the three left. Looking down to the floor, Mia doesn't want to get her hope high up for something that is still considered uncertain for now.

"I'm not sure but for now, let's focus on saving Natsume first" she stated and thought that it is time to check on Mikan's condition.

"I'm worried she might fell down the stairs in the dark" She mutters slowly and uses the water she gave to Mikan to watch over her condition but the moment she gets through the water, the scene in front of her had her letting out a gasp.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Mikan screams loudly and Mia tries to search for the reason of her screaming but it was pitch dark, she couldn't see anything and decided to wait for a bit more.

Looking around the place Mikan arrived to, it seems like someone's room. "Are you one of the academy's pupils? But I've never seen you before.." she heard Mikan asks. Her eyes widened, there's someone else there?

"Damn it, I still can't see anything" Mia mutters under her breath. Who is Mikan talking to and moreover, why is there even a person living in the basement?