49.2 - Sakura Twins Past I

- FLASHBACK, 3 YEARS AGO -

"Mikan! Hurry up!" Mia shouted from downstairs, she had already put on her shoes while waiting for Mikan in front of the door. "Wait for me!!!" Mikan shouted back while running down the stairs and ended up falling down. She rubbed the tip of her head before running towards Mia.

"I'm ready! Let's go, Mia!" Mikan beamed joyfully as the two joined hands, going to the school together.

They met up with Hotaru and were now on their way to the school. Hotaru was in the middle of the twins. "I heard we're having a new student today! I'm so excited to meet her!" Mikan exclaimed energetically. Mia chuckled, she was feeling the same way too.

"Right, Hotaru?" Mikan asked while clinging on her right arm. "Shut up, you're so noisy" Hotaru retorted back and a moment after that, Mia joined in while clinging onto her left arm. "Not you too, Mia" Hotaru sighed, oh well. These two have the same personalities after all.

Happy-go-lucky.

Energetic.

Friendly.

These two were the same. Yet they were so different from each other.

Not until everything changed in just one night.

🌸

"This is our new friend, Ichinose Chiaki!" The teacher beamed excitedly as she clapped her hands, followed by the students as they welcomed the silver haired girl. Chiaki bowed her head and she was slightly blushing from all the attention given to her.

The 'Chiaki' from back then was an unsociable and timid person. She was the type to get embarrassed easily even while talking to others, resulting to her not having many friends.

She thought it was useless.

Having a relationship with others, it was useless to her. Everything would end when the right time came. Even if she hold onto the same feelings she held, someday, she would realize it herself that building a friendship with others were just troublesome.

They would all leave eventually.

Not until one day, the twins and their friend decided to greet her.

"Hey, your name is Chiaki, right? So cute!" Mikan beamed happily as she puts her chin on top of Chiaki's table, surprising the girl. Mia came from behind and knocked on her head, "Geez, Mikan. Don't surprise her like that" She scolded her before resting her gaze on Chiaki.