46 - Ever Forward

Mikan opened her eyes slowly, feeling her body aches from the earlier event

Mikan opened her eyes slowly, feeling her body aches from the earlier event. She looks around and wakes them up. "Is everyone okay?" Tsubasa asks as soon as he gets back on his foot.

Natsume is supporting Ruka while Mikan hold onto Mia. Sawa was still unconscious and is now piggybacked by Tsubasa.

"Penguin! Thank goodness!" Mikan beamed happily as she hugs Penguin in her arms while stroking his head. Mia gazed at them with soft looking eyes but later her gaze landed at the beautiful night sky.

'Watery...' Mia thought to herself, she failed. She failed to bring Watery and Iinchou's alice back. Watery was right in front of her yet she couldn't do anything to save her.

"Onee-chan.." Mikan mutters worriedly as she saw tears trickling down Mia's cheeks. "I'm sorry, Mikan..I planned to not cry in front of you..b-but.." Her shoulders are shuddering, she kept trying to push aside the idea of crying but it was useless.

" Her shoulders are shuddering, she kept trying to push aside the idea of crying but it was useless

She miss Watery so much.

"Mia.." Ruka mutters slowly, seeing Mia showing a weak front was unusual to everyone as they sealed their lips, wanting to give her a space of time.

"Let's go back"

🌸

Mia's POV

Ugh, my eyelids feel so heavy. I groan slightly as the familiar headache and pain making its way through my body.

"Lil' one!" Tono senpai exclaims as he realized that I have woken up. Observing my surroundings, Tsubasa senpai and Natsume have already woken up meanwhile Sawa, Ruka and Mikan are still unconscious.

We are already in the high school section?

Tono senpai helped me to sit up before carefully leaning my back against the wall. "Thank you, senpai" he gives me a reassuring nod bedore smiling slightly.