40 - Clues, Crystals

"DANGER!!!!"

"DANGER!!!!"

Natsume, Mia and Tsubasa watched in terror as Mikan ran up to Ruka, hugging him before a ray of light begins to surround the two of them. As the light started to vanish, Mikan and Ruka are save and they didn't turn into stone.

'That light.. is it Mikan's Nullification?' Mia thought in her mind as she release a sigh of relief.

Before Mia could process everything that's going on yet, Tsubasa suddenly pulls her and Natsume with him as they run towards Mikan and Ruka. Pulling them down, they landed around the two of them and Tsubasa uses his Shadow Alice to stop the trees.

"The trees..stopped" Mikan mutters slowly and all of them sat down on the ground, slightly exhausted.

"Ruka-pyon, is your foot alright?" Mikan asks worriedly. Ruka told her that his foot is fine as it was only for an instant and thanked Mikan for saving him immediately.

Tsubasa explains that the reason Mikan's alice suddenly became so strong and that he could control the shadows in such a large radius at one shot were because of the necklace Tono gave to her. The little alice stone in a shape of a brinjal is a crystal of amplification alice which has Tono's ability sealed within it.

Hearing his explanation, Mia clutches on her necklace which has Itaku and Ichigo's Alice stones with her.

"That reminds me, Mia is also the same right? You were able to use water alice earlier" Tsubasa asks and Mia nods her head, taking her necklace out. She shows them the Alice stones her seniors gave her.

"Ah! The colour of the stone became lighter since I last saw it" Mikan says and it makes Mia checks on hers, finding out that Itaku's water alice stone colour is also fading and became smaller.

Tsubasa told them that is because the power sealed in the stone diminishes as it's used. As the ability weakens, the colour of the stone will become lighter too.

Clutching her seniors' alice stones dearly, Mia silently thanked both of them for being her pillar of support. She felt a kind of strong feelings protecting her.

"If insufficient willpower put into it, the magic in the stone won't be activated. It should be pretty tough for a beginner with unstable power levels like Mikan to use it and the same goes for Mia, as it was the first time for both of you" Tsubasa interprets.

"It seems like both of you have a pretty high compatibility with Tono and Itaku's crystals!" Tsubasa exclaims, as it was also quite hard for him in the first try.

Smiling warmly, Mia walks over to Mikan as both of them intertwine their fingers together while their other hands are clutching on the alice stones that Tono and Itaku gave them.

'I want to protect everyone!' It feels as if their hearts are connected as this feeling begins to get stronger than ever. "You did great, Mikan" Mia utters slowly, giving Mikan a warm smile as they lean their foreheads against each other. "Onee-chan too" she says.