66 - The Scariest Thing

"Onee-chan

"Onee-chan.." Mikan mutters quietly upon seeing the black marks on Mia's body. 'What is this..it stings that it hurts' Mia thought in her mind as her eyes are fixed on her hand where the black marks are. Her body is starting to weaken as her breathes are getting sharper, she couldn't even sit up straight.

Is she..going to die?

"Persona, even if they have to get punished. This is going too far" Yakumo stated. "It's an accident. The whole academy knows that once you enter the forbidden area, you can't be sure you can leave it" Persona says monotonously, his expression stays stoic even after effecting Mia with his alice.

"How the hell could you call this an accident!? Bastard!" Natsume shouts furiously as the flames around him are getting bigger and definitely stronger by its aura. "PERSONA!" he exclaims loudly, resentment towards the dark figure is clouding his eyes.

Mikan stares worriedly at her older twin, her insides are freaking out. Die? Mia is?

"Onee-chan, get a grip of yourself! You have to fight it!" Mikan exclaims as she limps towards Mia, hugging her arm as if her life depends on it. The black marks on her body are spreading continuously and Mia hissed from the pain.

"Ugh" Natsume lowers his body, the barrier of Hanahime-den is limiting his control of power, resulting the fire around him to vanish in thin air. "Natsume!" Ruka calls out for him after seeing Natsume holding onto the wall for support.

Aiming her bakan gun to Persona, Hotaru's attempt to shoot him failed miserably as he notices her action. "You.." he says, sparing a glance at the girl while using his alice.

"Imai, watch out!" Ruka warned her but because of Yakumo's alice, she couldn't dodge neither stopped the guy. "Hotaru!" Mikan dashed quickly to Persona, pushing him with all her might and infecting herself with the black marks since she touched Persona without his mask.

"Hands off, Persona!" she exclaims loudly, trying to nullify his alice but it doesn't work as he strengthen his own. "Mikan-chan!" Aoi gasped worriedly after knowing Mikan was also infected.

"Mikan.." Mia's eyes widened in pure shock after seeing her having the exact same black marks as hers. No..not Mikan, not her-!

"Persona!" Mia shouts furiously, gaining her composure as she creates hundreds of water thorns around Persona. "How dare you! To Mikan-!" she exclaims loudly while crawling to the younger twin who is now lying on the floor. Holding onto her hand, Mia shots him a glare before attacking the guy.

Yakumo uses his insects to protect Persona. "What an annoying alice, you shall die under my curse!" He spats out.

"Please don't come near me.." Mikan utters slowly as she holds onto Mia's hand tightly, the two help each other to stand up. Never letting go of her most important person, they shield their friends bravely without hesitation. At the very least, they both know. They aren't alone in this.