64 - Natsume's Past II

Q: If you can have one character of Gakuen Alice and my characters in this book as your best friend, who would you choose? (σ≧▽≦)σ

"Eh? Aoi-chan's fever hasn't gone down since the day I slept over?" Ruka asked to Natsume while they were on their way to school. "Yeah.." Natsume muttered. It had been 3 days after Aoi became sick after waking up that morning. They already went to 2 doctors and they said that the cause for her rising fever was unknown.

"Let's not talk about that for now" Natsume said. "You've made progress, Ruu-chan?" He asked, obviously emphasizing the given nickname of Ruka whose face was now beet red from hearing it. "Don't call me Ruu-chan!" he exclaimed.

Ruka also thought that his mother had change a little recently. She decided that he wouldn't use car to go and from school because if he ride the car, he wouldn't be able to walk with Natsume. Moreover, she forgave him for staying overnight without permission.

"Ruu-chan, is....school interesting?" Mrs. Nogi when Natsume came one day to their home. "Are you happy everyday?" she asked again and was astonished by Ruka's smile, one that she couldn't see for so long.

"Yes" Ruka answered truthfully.

"KYAAAH♡ Did you see that!? An angel's smile!" Mrs. Nogi exclaimed excitedly and she realized how her actions these times were wrong. She was too protective over Ruka and kept him in a cage while believing that everything was for his happiness.

Before, she almost closed him off so much that she didn't notice when Ruka stopped making such lively expressions. For him to have a friend that can make him have that kind of expression..

"It's really great.."

🌸

Natsume and Ruka were now walking through the forest while the blonde was holding onto some wild flowers as they were now heading to the Hyuuga's residence.

"..How's Aoi-chan?" Ruka asked, noticing Natsume's facial expression. "Oh..I'm guessing it's because of her high fever so her mind is a little unclear, but she started saying some weird things. I'm a litte worried.." Natsume uttered, gazing at the clear sky.

"Onii-chan, have you seen Aoi's amulet?"

"A red stone like Onii-chan's eyes.."

"I'm sure it was always in my hand, but it kept getting smaller and smaller..it disappeared as if it was absorbed through Aoi's hand"

"Ruu-chan! You came to see me!?" Aoi exclaimed joyfully upon seeing Ruka stepping into their house as she sat up straight from her futon, her face was beet red from the rising fever. "I'm so happy~! Daddy left Aoi all by herself and I was so lonely!" she said before Natsume urged her to lie back again.