42 - Pain

By the moment Mia and Natsume arrived to their camping spot, the scene in front of them had them paralyzed for a second

Ruka and Tsubasa are acting weird, it was as if they are on high and drunk. Tsubasa were walking unsteadily and is hugging Mikan with full bliss plastered on his face which kinda ticked off Mia since he's not being his usual self.

"What is going on..?" Mia mutters quietly and saw Penguin in the corner, he looks like he's facing a crisis. Mia proceeds to use her Soul Speaking Alice on Penguin while placing him on her lap.

"T-They become like that after having the g-grapes I-I-I picked up!" Penguin exclaims in panic and Mia quickly takes hold of the grapes. Smelling it, the grapes does contain a hint of alcohol in it.

"I-I'm so s-so-sorry..I brought trouble to everyone again.." Penguin says in a dishearten tone which soften Mia as she strokes his head. "It's fine, Penguin. Don't blame yourself" She says and puts him down.

"Hey! Don't touch her freely like that!" Ruka exclaims before pushing Tsubasa away from Mikan and proceeded to hug her himself. Mia literally squeals at the scene, she lets out a scream without sound out of excitement seeing the two is hugging.

Natsume had enough all of the mess and takes the initiative to pull Ruka away from Mikan. He rested Ruka's head against his chest slowly while Mia uses her Water Alice stone on Ruka and Tsubasa as the water contains some sort of medication in it.

"Eh..what did I just do?" Tsubasa grumbled while placing his hand against his forehead, feeling dizzy from the aftereffect.

Ruka had fallen asleep and as if it was a cue, animals started surrounding him and making a place for him to sleep soundly. He hasn't let go of Natsume's hand, resulting the two to sleep side by side.

"Mikan, are you okay?" Mia asks as she approach her. Mikan nodded and proceeds to hug her. "What's with this sudden hugging session?" Mia asks before chuckling a bit. "Onee-chan probably wanted it too, right? Hehe" Mikan says, smiling in the hug.

A sudden idea crossed Mia's mind in that moment. The corner of her lips went up as she smirks.

"Then, don't blame me for this!" Mia exclaims before hugging Mikan tightly, resulting to her choking on air. "Onee-chan!" Mikan exclaims, shocked. "What? I want a hug too!" Mia says and soon after, the twins are laughing among themselves while hugging each other.

🌸

"Senpai, aren't you going to sleep?" Mikan asks to Tsubasa. He told her that he's not that sleepy and someone needs to be on guard. Mikan was hesitating to sleep, she feels bad to sleep because Tsubasa had worked hard for them today.

"Senpai, I will accompany you" Mia says and pats Mikan's head before standing up and went to sit beside Tsubasa. "No-- you don't hav-" Mia cut him off. "Just for a bit is okay, you're already tired yourself" She says, smiling softly to the older guy who breaks into a smile.