50 - Preparation

A/N: Mikan and Hotaru didn't mention Aoi's name to their friends.

Mia's POV

I felt the familiar headache shooting through my mind as a slow groan escape my lips. It was unbearable,yet the warm touch which is engulfing my hand has successfully gives me the strength I needed to open my eyes.

By the moment my vision becomes clearer, a sudden drop of hot tear onto my cheek had me realizing my actions and the outcomes of it.

"Mia!" Mikan calls for my name, she is on the brink of tears. No. She probably already cried. I mentally sighed to myself. I did it again. The same mistake. The same failure. I couldn't protect her happiness.

Scanning the room, I felt the exact same melancholic feelings I had during my first day in Gakuen Alice.

"Everyone.." I observed their facial expressions and it somehow tells me that they already knew everything. Mikan and Ho-chan who are sitting by the bedside squeezed my hands in a comforting motion, telling me it is alright.

"You guys look like you'd seen a corpse waking up from the dead" I say, their faces dropped at my statement and Permy is acting up, scolding me for saying such things after waking up. I chuckle while scanning them one by one.

"Cheer up, guys! It takes more muscle to frown than smile!" I exclaim while Mikan and Ho-chan help me to sit up straight on the bed, facing all of them. I know. I know it too damn well. They can't smile right now. Not after hearing those things. Pursuing my lips to form a smile, "It must have shocked you guys too much, right?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers.

"But, it's okay right now and I'm sorry for acting rashly in the classroom" I continued my words since all of them are keeping silence. "You don't have to say sorry, Mia" Sawa stated, placing her hands onto my shoulder. "We understand" she says further and I saw the reassuring nods from all of them.

"You must have been in a lot of pain since then" Iinchou stated in a slow tone, Anna and Nonoko are now sobbing quietly. Permy was trying to hide the tears that are welling up while turning her back to me and Koko never leave her side.

Resting my stare on Ruka, he is also giving me the same look. He was worried, I can see through his eyes. Natsume leans his back against the wall, standing the farthest away from me. He turns his face towards me, this calming moment without any words being uttered, it has somehow giving me the courage to move forward.

"Geez, I can go and make myself some snacks and you guys will still be rooted in the same spots" I exclaim while getting off the bed. "But, Mia--"

"I'm fine right now, I-- we are not alone. I have you guys by my side right now, that fact alone gives me the strength to keep on smiling" I beamed, smiling to all of them. I don't want to rob off their happiness.

Anna and Nonoko burst into tears as they engulf me in a tight hug. Koko successfully drags Permy to join the hugging session. Mikan and Ho-chan join afterwards with Iinchou while as I pull Ruka. Sawa sneakily went behind Natsume and pushed him into the hug and she also joins in later.

"So..are we clear now?" I ask.

"Seriously! You guys are giving me too much of a shock!" Permy exclaims before being teased by Koko.