51 - Christmas Ball

A/N: I will include the edits I make in this chapter. All of it are Higuchi Tachibana's arts, nothing is mine. I really love how Mia turns out in the first edit♡

It was the night before 24th December, the day for Christmas ball.

"Where should I put this one..?" Mia muttered to herself while searching for a suitable spot to paste the pictures she took today onto the wall. "Mia, right here" Watery suggested, pointing out the spot using water. Her face brightened up and thanked Watery.

"You should go to sleep now" Watery says as Mia went to her study table, taking out a medium sized, crimson box which she used to place the letters she wrote for Aoi. "Geez, Watery, after I finished this one, I will sleep" Mia chuckled.

She wrote everything that happened today into the letter, the preparations, meeting Nobara and etc. A sudden thought crossed her mind as she halted her movement, the voices she heard today is still lingering around.

"Watery.."

"Is it about Nobara?" Watery asked.

"Yeah, that one and.." her voice trailed off slowly while turning her face to the her drawing on the wall. Z.

"My soul speaking alice, what else can it do? The first time was with Z and now Nobara-chan too. I could see the scenes that happened to them and it happened out of my control" Mia uttered. She had been bothered by it the whole day, does that mean her alice could also gazed through a person's soul?

"Then, that's mean your alice is still capable to improve, there might be some abilities of it that you haven't figure out yet" Watery stated, trying to comfort her. Mia cracked into a smile, Watery sure knew how to soothe her mind.

"Thank you, Watery" Mia uttered, heading towards her bed.

"I hope I can improve my healing water though" She says, clutching the blanket as it covers her whole body. She has witnessed a lot of people getting hurt and it pains her heart for not being able to help them, that's why she wants to improve her healing water.

"Mia, healing water requires a lot of energy and willpower. It's too risky" Watery reassured her and sighed before continuing, "Even if I said that, you will still stick to your decision right?"

"Hehe, you know me well"

"Sleep, brat"

🌸

24th December, 5 p.m on the dot.

Gakuen Alice students are already congregating the ballroom as each one of them can feel the excitement of Christmas vibe. Mikan and the others are also not excluded as they rush into the ballroom.

"Wait up, Mikan!" Nonoko exclaims while trying to catch up to Mikan who has run off to the front, she couldn't contain her excitement any longer.