44 - Trap

"Doctor, the patient's condition has suddenly worsened" one of the nurses stated as Misaki sensei and Subaru are standing by the bed side of Hotaru's hospital bed

"Doctor, the patient's condition has suddenly worsened" one of the nurses stated as Misaki sensei and Subaru are standing by the bed side of Hotaru's hospital bed. She's starting to pant continuously.

"Imai.." Misaki sensei mutters worriedly while looking at his student.

"Even though President Imai's alice is helping, it's still the body of a child"

'Mikan..

"Defending against the strong poison robs her so much of her energy" Misaki sensei interprets further.

'Mia..'

Out of sudden, they heard Hotaru's groans and lean closer to listen to what she has to say.

"Slow and idiotic brinjal.." Hotaru mutters, not being fully conscious yet and it resulted everyone who heard her words to freeze out of shock for awhile.

🌸

Mikan, who fell into another jail was yet to be conscious.

Moments later, she jolts up straight, totally awake before spitting some sands that got into her mouth. She looks around, surprised to realise that she had been separated from everyone.

'What's going on..the floor suddenly collapsed and I seemed to have been pulled down into the sand by a strange skeleton..' Mikan thought to herself as she tried to organize everything that had just happened.

Turning to her left, Mikan lets out a loud shriek of fear upon realizing the said skeleton was in the corner of the jail while facing her.

In this very moment, she was scared to death but then she later remembered back Hotaru and Mia's words.

"Mikan.."

"Don't cry, Mikan" Hotaru said.

"Mikan, you must always keep on smiling!" Mia exclaimed, patting Mikan's head while she was crying.

"But Onee-chan..Hotaru..I'm scared of monsters" Mikan said.

Hotaru sighed before saying, "Your crying face makes you three times uglier than usual"

Mia secretly laughed at Hotaru's 'motivational words'.

"But even if you say that, monsters.."

Hotaru got irritated, "Didn't I already tell you not to cry? Bloody irritating" she takes out her baka-gun and fired it to Mikan.

Remembering their words had Mikan snapped out from her panic state and decided not to cry anymore. She then later laughed out loud to subsided her fear and it seems to work as she begins to think how to escape from that jail.