•~• Chapter 83 •~•

3 months later

I woke up in the middle of the night to sharp pains. I sat up and held just below my stomach in attempt to remove it. As my hand reached the main point of pain a warm sticky substance covers my hand. It was obvious what it was. Blood.

The baby.

"Will!" I shake his shoulder in order to wake him. He wakes up and notices my blood-covered hand. He jumps out of bed and turns on the light.
"We need to get to the hospital fast." I go to get out of bed but the pain just gets worse. "I can't move Will. It hurts. I can't get to the hospital. And if I do both me and the baby will die. And I'll be a lot weaker." With every few words there's a loss of breath. I wasn't going to last much longer.

Will grabs his phone, calling an ambulance. It's getting harder to stay awake. The room getting darker and suddenly brighter again.
"Will. I'm sorry. I can't stay awake for much longer." Last thing I can remember was my eyes slowly closing and falling backwards onto the bed.

-

I wake up in a lot less pain this time. I can remember what happened. I'm never going to forget. I lost my baby. I break down in tears and hear the door reopening. I look towards it to see a very tired looking Will with a bottle of water in his hand. He places the bottle on one of the chairs and rushes over to me, embracing me in a warm hug.

He speaks up, breaking the silence. "You were right. You were a lot weaker. You've been in here for 4 months, I thought I was going to lose both of you. I was scared that I was going to lose the girl I have loved my whole life. I was scared of what would've happened next. I only just got you back. I wouldn't be able to cope knowing I had lost you again." I knew how much me surviving meant to Will. I was going to try my hardest to stay safe but for now I need to try and get through this traumatic experience. It is going to be a challenge. But it'll be challenge I am going to face, for those around me who I would never want to hurt.

We had been lying on the hospital bed in silence since I woke up, I knew if I spoke about it I would have multiple breakdowns. I wanted to come to terms with the loss of the baby gradually and individually before talking to any one about it. I kept dropping into a light sleep, struggling to stay asleep due to the uncomfortableness of the beds.

I want to go home.

—————————————————————————

•~• Charli •~•