•~• Chapter 97 •~•

Age: 16
Prom Night

I walk down the stairs in the same mint two-piece I wore before. Life was amazing right now. My parents were still together, I hadn't been separated from my best friend or sister, and even better I still hadn't died. I've been so careful with what I do, it's definitely worth the strange looks I get whenever I do something weird in public.

I'd spent so much time preparing for prom, because I knew we'd be having pictures taken

I'd spent so much time preparing for prom, because I knew we'd be having pictures taken. We'd all agreed to go as a group, obviously everyone in a relationship were going together but we would stay as a group for the majority of it.

After having pictures taken at home the door knocked. I opened it, expecting it to be Will. It wasn't. In some ways it was better.
"You got my letter?" I was pulled into a hug by grandma. I'd sent a letter to the address they had before this whole "going back in time" situation happened.
"We did, how did you find us?" I tapped the side of my nose and opened the door further, allowing them access into the house, "thats a story for another day. For now, let's go reunite you with mom."

"Mom, there's someone here to see you." I smile as I walk into the living room, grandma and grandpa still in the hall waiting for their cue.
"Who is it? We weren't expecting anyone, were we?" She got up, confused as she thought about who it could've been.
"Think of it as an unexpected visit for you." I grinned excitedly as grandma and grandpas footsteps could be heard against the wooden floor.

They walked into the room, smiles plastered over their faces as the tears slowly fell. As mom saw them her confused expression turned into joy as she ran over to them, hugging them tightly.
"How? After I lost contact I thought I'd never see you both again?" I'd seen mom happy many times but this was different, grandma and grandpa were the half of mom that she had been missing for the past 16 years.
"Holly sent us a letter with your address, she'd told us to come visit."
"Thank you Holly, but, how did you get the address?" I tapped my nose and smiled before walking out the door.
"I'll be back later, I'll explain tomorrow. We have the whole day."
"Keep it PG!" I turned to Colleen who was practically in tears from what she'd just said. She was the only one who knew about me liking Will. She'd promise to not tell anyone because she wouldn't want to ruin our friendship.
"Fucking crackhead" I shook my head before leaving the house and walking over to Wills to see how long it would be until he's ready.

As I went to knock the door it opened to reveal Will, "hey stranger" as I went to put my hand back down to my side Will grabbed it, he brought it up to his mouth and kissed it.
"You look beautiful tonight madam," He put on the worst posh British accent ever, "are you ready to go and dance the night away?"
"Of course I am sir," I put in an equally bad accent, "and you don't look too bad yourself."

"I'm bored. Let's dance." Will stood up and extended his arms, helping me up.
"Here's the cliche part where we're dancing and the next song is slow, and everyone suddenly becomes cheesy."
"How many romance films have you watched?" I have an addiction to romance films. It's getting worse as well, I'm rewatching the same movie every few days.
"Way too many" I shook my head as we carried on walking to the dance floor. There were a few whispers around us, most likely just people thinking we were together. If only we were.

"I swear to god. Are we in a fucking romance movie or is this school just cliche?" As predicted, a slow song came on. But this wasn't just any old song. It was the song we had chose for our first dance at our wedding.
"Shut up, just dance" Will laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck as his wrapped around my waist.

"Holly, please never leave." It pretty much silence between the both of us, listening to the music and enjoying the moment.
"Why would I leave?" I lift my head off his shoulder looking at him confused.
"I don't know, I just have no idea what I would do without you. Ever since the day we were born we were best friends. We've promised to be together forever. I've always loved you, not only as a best friend but as a person in general. You look out for others even when it could lead you to a bad place. You don't care about the consequences, you like to make sure that people you love are happy and safe. I love you Holly. More than words could ever explain."
"Fucking took you long enough dork" I laughed before leaning up and kissing Will. The song came to an end and we heard a few people cheer.

I smile and look around the room to see almost everyone surrounding us cheering.
"Finally!" Someone in the crowd shouted, I hid my face in the crook of Wills neck.

After a few more hours we'd decided to leave because it was getting late.
"Will, can you come back to mine for a bit. I need to explain something to you and my family."
"Sure I can. Is it bad?"
"No, it's just something that happened that I hadn't told anyone." Time to tell them I guess.

—————————————————————————

If yall recognise where Wills part comes from during the slow dance you can have a cookie :)

i ain't mentally prepared to finish this book. imma end up crying.