Broken Apologies with Coco

Request: 77 with coco and maybe the reader being a Reyes sister?? "Don't you get it? I'm in love with you and it scares the hell out of me."

Yanking Coco into the storeroom at the clubhouse was a risk, but he had been ignoring you all week and you were starting to worry.

Pushing your body up against the door to block his exit "what is going on?" you ask him softly.

Coco fidgets with his lighter "I don't think this is going to work" he mutters avoiding my eyes.

"Excuse me?" I ask unable to keep the hurt out of my voice.

"It's complicated, you and me, we ain't going to work" he says shrugging.

"Oh really? Why do I feel like this has nothing to do with us and more to do with my idiot brothers?" I reply, fighting back tears.

"This has nothing to do with your brothers" he mutters still avoiding my eyes.

"Look me in the eye and tell me this has nothing to do with Ez and Angel then?" I demand.

"This has nothing to do with them" he replies looking me in the eyes, his eyes a glistening with tears.

"Then give me one good reason why?" I say tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Don't you get it? I'm in love with you and it scares the hell out of me, my life is too fucked up, I destroy everything I touch, and I can't do that to you" Coco tells me his face twisted in pain.

His words knock the wind out of me, all I can hear is the part that he loves me.

Closing the gap between us I take his face in my hands, kissing him softly "Johnny Cruz, you are an idiot if you think that's going to stop me from loving you. You don't destroy anything, you make it grow" I tell him.

He softly pushes me away "That doesn't mean we can be together, I can't risk it" he tells me sadly, pushing past me he leaves the storeroom.

"I'm sorry" he whispers as he closes the door behind him.