For the love of a woman with Nestor

The weight of the the world rouses me from my sleep. slowly I open my eyes and the blackness of our bedroom surrounds me but I can hear his breath letting me know I'm not alone.

Rolling over I see him sitting on my side of the bed,sitting on the floor his back pressed to the bed nursing a glass of scotch. I can make out
dark stains on his shirt and storm clouds in his eyes. Hes yet to notice I'm awake, quietly I reach for him desperate to save him from the darkness.

He doesn't respond to my touch and that's when I know he's too lost in his own mind.  Sitting up I throw my legs over his shoulders, his head between my knees. I push it forward towards his lap and start to unbraid his hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask sleepily.

He doesn't respond, but I can feel his shallow breath becoming more consistent.

As I finish unbraiding one side, my fingers massage his scalp, deeply massaging all the tension points.  he moans in appreciation, encouraging me to keep going.

I push his head to the side as I start unbraiding the left side.
"it was just a rough day" he says softly "mistakes were made"

We sit there in silence for a few more minutes as I finish.

Flicking my leg over his head I slide off the bed, and step in front of him, I hold out my hand, gesturing for him to take it.

Without saying a word he slips his hand into mine and I pull him up off the floor.  he drains his scotch in a single gulp and places the empty glass on the dresser.

I lead him into the bathroom, turning the shower on to pure hot water I undress him slowly and push him to the shower stepping in he adjusts the water as I pull off my pyjamas stepping in behind him.

he sinks to his knees and I start washing his hair massaging his scalp, all of the stress and the blood of the day washing down the drain. Among our various shower products I find his favourite deep conditioner and latter his hair up.

Sinking to the floor beside him I wrap my arms around his shoulders kissing along his shoulders and up his neck. I begin to massage the tension point at the base of his skull until it's time to rinse the conditioner out.

Once finished I turn the shower off and we bundle up in towels and head back to bed. I put on one of Nestor's old shirts and he pulls on a pair of grey sweats.

Taking up the same position we were in before, I gently start to comb his hair re-braiding it in his tight braids. The familiar routine definitely soothing us both.  before long I'm finishing the last section of braid and we climb into bed Nestor pulling me into his arms and in golfing me, he's sound asleep before I can say a word.