Sabre and Rainbow

FavremySabre and Rainbow Steve

I was wondering when someone was going to ask for this and I accidentally went out of order with the requests. 

Requested by lunara_eclipsa

-------------

Rainbow woke up in the middle of the night unable to fall asleep. Letting out a sign he got up and went to see what he could do to occupy him until Sabre wakes up. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do without causing noise so he just went outside for the time being. 

The cool air blew into Rainbow's face once he step outside. It wasn't cold enough that he had to wear a jacket so his sweater did the trick. As he walk, he heard singing.

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

Rainbow walk towards the source of the singing.

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

The singing was coming from the bridge.

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

Rainbow saw a figure walking on the side of the bridge.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

The person had good balance as they walk back and forth on a section of the bridge.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

When Rainbow got close enough to see the person's face, he was surprised.

When the curtain's call
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

There walking on the side of the bridge was Sabre in a green jacket without his bandanna singing.

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made

Rainbow quietly walk over to get a closer look at Sabre and to here more of his singing.

Don't want to let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't want to hide the truth

The way Sabre singing and his eyes shining in the moonlight put Rainbow in somewhat a trance.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my king-

Snap

Rainbow didn't notice, but he stepped on branch causing it to snap and for Sabre to stop singing.

"Rainbow?" Sabre momentarily forgot he was on the edge of the bridge and lost him balance.

"Sabre!" Rainbow grab Sabre's hand before he hit the water below him.

After helping Sabre back onto the bridge, Rainbow couldn't help but ask.

"How did you learn to sing like that? And why were you walking on the edge of the bridge? Also where is your bandanna? First off-"

"Too many questions at once Rainbow" Sabre laughed then explained.

"I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk. The night was nice and I decided to sing a song I learned when I was younger. As for walking on the bridge because I just wanted to. Also I don't wear my bandanna at night, it makes things harder to see" 

"Oh, um you sing really good" Rainbow compliment.

When Sabre shrug, Rainbow pushed.

"I'm serious! Your singing is amazing!"

Sabre laughed, "Thank you Rainbow"

"C-Can you sing again?"

Sabre look over to where the sun was rising indicating it was the next day, "How about tonight?"

"Okay" Rainbow smiled and hugged Sabre, "You're the best Sabre"

Sabre returned the hug, "No problem Rainbow" 

------------------

Word count: 600

Requests remaining: 1