Kakayanin : part 96

Emmeth

"I'll leave everything to you Jonas" He's a friend of mine that I've met during college days but not as close me like the three guys that I have. Niel, Rick and Uno.

"I know right" Then he hit me on my chest.

After kong makausap si Jonas ay binalikan ko si Max na naghihintay sa may hallway. Naupo sa ako sa tabi nito sabay ng pag lagay ko ng kaliwang kamay ko sa baywang niya.

"Anong iniisip mo?" nang hindi man lang ito kumibo kahit pa katabi niya na ako.

"Parang kinakabahan ako" saka ito tuningin sa mga mata ko.

"Don't be. Everything will be alright, sinisigurado ko sayo yan. Don't stress yourself okay" kinabig ko ito saka niyakap "it'll take an hour  bago natin malaman ang result. But the DNA will take a day so kailangan pa natin maghintay"

"Paano si Liz?" tanong nito na hindi ko makuha ang ibig sabhin.

"Anong paano?"

"Anong gagawin mo pag nalaman mo na yung result?"

"Everything will depend on the result. If she's really pregnant and I'm the real father----I'll take the responsibility. Everything the child needs. Just for the child. And I'm not going to decide without any agreement"

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"That she has no right to demand anything  from me. I'll make the decision, I'll ask a lawyer about this matter. She can't force me to do this and that. About the custody, we need to talk about that. We will never leave under one roof because I have responsibility to take care of. But----If everything she told us was a lie, she need to choose"

"And?"

"It's either she'll leave us in peace or I'll sew her"

"You planned everything right? "

"In every decision, you need to make a plan. But there's an exemption" I place my right thumb on her lower lip.

"At ano yon?"

"Loving you" Then I kiss her quickly.

-

"The result is out, come into my office" ani Jonas.

Sumunod kami sa doctor's office ng hospital na yon.

"Have a sit" sabi nang makapasok na kaming dalawa ni Max.

"Tell me some good news Jonas" sabi ko dito nang nakangiti habang magkasalikop ang mga kamay namin ni Max.

"She's pregnant" the smile on my lips fade away.

Naramdaman ko ang pagluwag ng pagkakahawak sa akin ni Max and she's not even looking at me. Kay Jonas lang ito nakatingin.

"But----there's but" and my high hopes come back.

"Don't give me a heart attack Jonas" I said jokingly.

"The baby, definitely not yours" Then like an angel passed by me. Or just standing beside me. Hinigpitan ko ang hawak sa kamay ni Max.

"Tell me"

"She's 10 weeks pregnant" sagot nito na lalong nagpangiti sakin.

"So she's already pregnant even before we've met"

"She is" muling sagot ni Jonas "here's the result, see for yourself and keep it as you wish" saka nito inabot ang isang plastic envelope.

"I think I don't need to wait for the DNA result. I just need it for some important things. But I'll still take that result"

"I get it. Get back here tomorrow after lunch and I'll give it you" I stood up and thank him "is she already awake?" asking about Liz.

"You did make sure that she'll fall asleep for longest hour right" he get me.

"Just to end it all. I'll pay for everything, and when she wakes up, let her go. I don't have any business with her anymore"

"As you say so" we all went outside that office.

Max and I headed back in my home.

From hospital to my home, Max remained silent.

"Beb, you're scaring me" I pulled her to sit beside me as we're inside the house.

"Don't be. Hindi lang ako mapaniwala na kayang gawin ni Liz yon"

"Kahit ako. Pero ang importante, may DNA man o wala, sigurado na tayong wala akong pananagutan sa kaniya. And yung akala kong may nangyari samin, she planned it all para may managot sa sanggol na dinadala niya"

"Buntis na siya noong inakala mong may nangyari sa inyo----tapos sabi mo, sigurado kang walang nangyari sa inyo. How come na iniisip mo na pwedeng ikaw yung ama ng magiging baby ni Liz?" I knew she'll gonna asked that.

"Blood stain. I saw it sa bedsheet ko. Kaya inisip kong may nangyari nga samin"

"She's already pregnant, meaning hindi na siya virgin. Imposible na duguin pa siya unless may period siya that time----which is impossible"

"She had cut on her finger when I pulled her out of my bed. She told me na nahiwa siya that I actually believe at first. But now----everything is clear. She did that on purpose to make it look like I took her virginity. Great plan right?"

"So isa lang ang ibig sabihin ng lahat ng ito. She don't love you, gusto lang niyang may managot sa ipinagbubuntis niya"

"She love me or not, I don't care. She and that baby don't matter to me. Ang gusto ko lang, matapos na ang lahat ng to. I'm positive about the outcome but it stresses me. Instead of spending my whole time with you, I'm wasting my time to end this problem"

She hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Konti nalang tapos na yung problema mo. And after that, maybe we can take a break---what do you think?" sabi nito.

"Absolutely. I'm planning out of town"

"Kahit saan basta kasama kita"

"Thank you beb. For being my strength" I cupped her face and place a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"Always beb"

To be continued...

There's lighting even without rain

There's star keeps on shining even without dark

There's music even without instruments

But I can imagine living without you in my life.