Truth

Your P.O.V.
Fyodor and Nikolai did as they promised, they returned me. They watched as I walked into hq, now I needed to find Mori, ask him about everything I know now, I barged in his office,

"Y/n, I'm in the middle of-"

"I don't care, everyone out." I demanded

"Y/n?" Mori said curiously, "what's wrong? The mission, you failed right?"

I looked at the other people in the room, there was some sort of meeting I'm guessing, I pulled a gun from my waistband, "get out or I'll fill each and every one of you with lead."

They all stood up slowly and began to exit the room, I locked the door behind them, "Mori."

"Uhh- did I do something wrong?"

"My memory. Why was I brainwashed?"

He stayed silent, I looked at him then seen shock on his face, "brainwashed? Y/n, don't be silly."

"I know I was brainwashed, why wasn't I able to remember them?"

"Remember who?"

"Fyodor and Nikolai! They're boys who grew up with me."

"Y/n, did they-"

"They didn't do anything! Mori I want answers!"

"Y/n, I don't have the answers you're looking for. I had no knowledge of this."

"Who does then?!"

"I don't know. Y/n, you're my precious little girl, regardless on who you met in the past, I would never erase something that had to do with your father." He sighed then continued, "Yes, I did already know you were childhood friends with Fyodor Dostoevsky and Nikolai Gogol only because when your father and I would work together, he mentioned those boys quite often. He was fond of them. He cared for them like he cared for you. As for your memory, I had no idea you were brainwashed. Is that what they told you?"

"Yes."

"Maybe they were mistaken, I do remember another doctor giving me medicine to put you on and I believe she said it would cause some form of dementia. For you, it caused really bad memory loss so I stopped giving it to you."

"So you believe medication did it?"

"It's possible, growing up I never let you out of my sight, nothing happened to you that I wasn't aware of. I would never let someone strip you on such good memories, when you'd use to sleep beside me you'd always say their names, I knew how much you cared for them."

"Why'd you send me on that mission? Knowing the truth?"

"I thought it'd be nice to let you see them again, but it appears it messed up your head."

"I was happy seeing them once I realized who they were, Dad...I just don't know anymore."

"What? What don't you know?" He rose from his chair and hugged me. My eyes began to water

"Who am I?"

"You are you."

N/n don't ever be afraid of who you become, you'll always be my little girl, no matter what form you take.

My head began pounding, "what was that?"

"What was what?"

"I heard a voice, a man."

"What'd he say?"

I repeated to him what I heard, he rattled a bottle of pills and began to talk, "your father sure works in mysterious ways."

"Father?" I said taking the pills from him. I took him then proceeded to stare at him as he began talking again,

"Of course. He always was so overprotective of you, you know. He never wanted to leave you, he wanted to live a peaceful life with you, he didn't want this life for you. He loved you Y/n."

I felt a tears drop.

Mori sat down, "now Father Time aside."

I took a deep breath, wiped my eyes then sat down, "right."

"When you stopped talking about Fyodor and Nikolai when you were little, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing because here you are now. I was afraid you would betray me to help them."

"They wanted files on the Agency."

"They did? Did you-"

"No, Fyodor said he was just happy to see me and they'll find a different way to get the files."

"I see. Well don't worry about a report. Go see Dazai, he's always had a way of making you feel better."

"Okay." I said now standing. I waved to Mori then walked out. I walked to the Agency and knocked.

The man known as Kunikida Doppo answered, "here for Dazai?"

"Yea."

"Wait a moment." He sighed deeply then proceeded to close the door. I stood there for a moment then heard yelling

Dazai, get your lazy ass up someone's here for you!

"Wow." I chuckled to myself, Dazai opened the door, his face looked so tired, he looked down at me then his face brightened up, "Y/N!"

He hugged me, "okay okay, chill out." I said swatting him away.

"What'd you come here for?"

"To see you."

"Aww~ you wanted to see me~" he smiled brightly

"Well yea...Mori said you've always had a way to make me feel better so I should see you."

"Are you okay?"

"No, there's something I want to tell you. Come here." I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to near my height level, "Fyodor and Nikolai, members of the rats, I just found out today I grew up with them."

"You serious?" He whispered back.

"Get a room you two." Yosano said behind Dazai and she walked into Fukuzawa's office.

I let his collar go, then grabbed his wrist, beginning to lead him away from the Agency, "Yea I thought I was brainwashed. They did too."

"I see, what was it then?"

"Mori believes it was medication I was on when I was little."

"It caused memory loss?"

"Some doctor said it would cause dementia."

"Oh okay. Well at least you didn't forget me~"

"Whatever loser, I met you after I got off the medicine."

He hugged me from behind, "whatever~"

"I really am wondering whether or not I hate you."

"You could never hate someone you love sweetness." He kissed my cheek.

Mori was right, Dazai always knew how to make me happy. I smiled and hugged him.
————————————————————————
3 chapters in one weekend...HOLY. we really out here😌✌🏻 i am enjoying the fact i probably failed 2 out of the 6 finals i took but that's okay. bye y'all.