Distant: Chapter 45

"I guess you would know." I laugh. As we drive I begin to think about tomorrow. "I'm excited." I let out with bo further context. "About what?" Colby asks. "Oh yeah. About to tomorrow. You know we really don't have to make it a birthday thing. We can just go for fun." I say. "No way, we have to celebrate your birthday." Colby says. "I actually love Disneyland it's definitely a place of magic I feel like. Maybe that's because I've only been there once now. Or maybe because it was with you." I say. "You know I love Disneyland too. Especially now." Colby says. "Why? Don't you go there all the time? It's not like you've ever lived far from it, well in the last couple years." I ask. "Yeah, but I agree that it's magical, there's always something happening. And now it has way more meaning." He says. "Is it because it's a lovely place and you went there with me." I jokingly say. "Actually that's close. It's the place I realized I actually loved you. Even though I just met you. I felt it." He says. "Awe I love you too." I think back to that day and everything that happened. I think about him waking me up, I think about that stupid waitress, that I ended up feeling kind of bad for. I then think about dancing with Colby. I think that's when everything hit me the most of how much I loved him. I remember later that day, when I decided to tell him everything about my past. A tear unwillingly streams down my eye at the thought of it. It wasn't because I was sad or anything though. I am just happy I found someone I truly love, someone to open up to completely and feel safe, because he loved me just as much, as I did him. "Your the best." I whisper to Colby as I wipe my face. "Your better." He responds. I giggle a little at his response then grab his hand. We drive almost the whole rest of the way home in silence, but a comforting silence. We arrive back at the house and no one is home. Literally no one. We check my house first no one, then go to Colby's house and guess what, no one. "Where os everyone?" I say looking at Colby. "I honestly have no idea." He says looking at me. I can tell he's not lying. I pull out my phone and call Ava. After only one ring she picks up. "Where is everyone?" I ask. "Okay wow no hello?" She says. "Your right. Hello. Where is everyone?" I laugh. "I don't know. I'm out shopping with Jane. I know Tara and Jake went out on a date or something. I don't know about everyone else." Ava says. "Oh okay thank you." I say. "Yeah no problem." She responds back. "Oh I almost forgot. Or you know what nevermind. I'll just text the group chat." I say to Ava. "Uh... Okay." She says, sounding confused. "Okay bye." I chirp out. "Bye" she says, then I hang up. "I just texted Sam, he said moat of them are filming a video doe his chanel." Colby says as soon as I hung up. "Oh okay. Jane and Ava are out shopping and Jake and Tara are on a date." I say filling him in on where everyone else is. "Oh okay." He says. "Did you tell Sam about Disneyland?" I ask. "Oh I forgot." he says. "It's fine I'm just going to send a message to the group chat." I say before doing exactly that. With in a few minutes they all text back basically saying their down. "So what do you want to do then?" Colby asks me as I put my phone away. "I don't know, it's only three, but I'm low-key slumped." I say looking at him. "Me too. Let's just go to my room. We can watch some Netflix or YouTube and take a nap." Colby recommends. "Sounds like a plan." I say back. We go to his room and with in five minutes Colby is knocked out. I laugh a little at how fast he fell asleep. I on the other hand watched a good twenty minutes of YouTube, before sleep finally overtook me.