Distant: Chapter 61

Adam walks around the table and sits in his chair. He unwraps Colby's hand and looks at it for a moment. "Okay the cut is deep, but not to deep. I will just clean it, then stitch it up and you'll be good to go." The nurse says. "Okay thank you." Colby says. The nurse grabs a bottle of peroxide. He puts it on Colby's cuts. As the man dabs the peroxide on Colby's hand I see him tense up every once in a while. "Okay the easy part is done. Now we just have the stitches." Adam says. "He sanitizes a needle with some alcohol, then puts the thread though it. "By the way who cleaned up your cut?" Adam asks before doing anything else. "Oh I did." I say, nervous I messed something up. "Oh you did a good job." Adam says. "Thank you." I say before Adam continues. He puts the needle through Colby's skin and starts sewing it up. Colby winces at the pain. I know I shouldn't, but I grab his hand and squeeze it. Colby turns towards me and smiles, before wincing again. "Okay sorry I'm done." Adam says. "Thank you." I say as Colby takes his hand off the table. "Thanks man." Colby says. "Yeah no problem. Um are you getting the bill sent to you or paying here." The nurse says. "I'll get it sent." Colby says. "Okay. We'll it was good meeting you guys." Adam says, sticking out his hand. Colby shakes it first, then I shake it right after. As we walk out the guy says something. "You guys are a cute couple." He says. "Thank you, but" "Thanks." Colby says cutting me off and wrapping his arm around shoulders. I don't say anything, until were out of room from the room. "What's wrong with you." I ask moving out from Colby's arm. "What he liked you." Colby says as we exit the hospital. "He called us a cute couple that doesn't sound like he liked me." I say. "He wanted to see if we were dating. Trust me." Colby says. "Even if. We're not dating, so it shouldn't matter." I say putting my hand out for him to hand me the keys. "I can drive." He says. "No I don't want you to break the stitches." I say in an attitude. "I can drive with one hand. Your over reacting." Colby says. And I know he wasn't talking about his hand. "Honestly, whatever Colby." I sigh and walk to the passenger side of the car. "Adalyn. I'm sorry. Please come here." He says sympathetically. "Are you gonna unlock the door?" I ask kind of harshly, staying where I am. Colby walks over to me. "Not until you hug me." He says. "What?" I ask. "Listen Adalyn. I'm trying. I'll be whatever you want. I'm trying to be your friend, but I'm not ready to lose you." He says looking into my eyes. "Okay." I whisper, while stepping forward. I hug him and we stand like that for a while. "Colby." I say looking up. "Yeah?" He asks. "I'm not ready to leave you either. The only reason I want to be friends, is because I'm not ready to get hurt either." Colby looks at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry" he says. "Don't be." I say.  I lean up and peck his lips with mine. "Let's go." I say letting go of him. "Not until you kiss me again." He pouts. "Don't push it." I laugh. "Like I said early, it was worth a shot asking." Colby says as he unlocks the door and walks around to the other side of the car. I'm honestly impressed I was able to do that. I was afraid as soon as our lips touched I wouldn't be able to pull away. I get into the passenger seat as Colby gets into the driver seat. "Actually I wouldn't want to mess anything up. Do you want to drive?" Colby asks with a smirk. "It's okay I trust you." I say. "Okay." Colby smiles and starts the car. "You know, since I'm only driving with my left hand, my right hand is free to hold." Colby says. "Nope. It starts with my hand is free to hold. Next thing I know your saying, my lap is free to sit in." I laugh. "Oh that's a good one. I'll remember to use that on you." Colby laughs as we pull to a stop on the freeway. "How come you could hold my hand earlier, but not now." Colby complains, dragging the subject on. "Because you were in pain." I reply back.