Distant: Chapter 66

"Okay do you want to stop by your house first to get some clothes or something?" Andrew asks, as we get up. "No we can get them in the morning." I say, knowing that it'd be to much to deal with right now. "Okay well how long are you staying?" Andrew asks. "Um I don't really know yet." I say twisting a ring on my finger. A habit I got from Colby. Shit this will be hard. "Oh okay well you can stay as long as you want. I'm happy to have you." Andrew says. "Thanks. Your really sweet you know." I say looking at him. "Yeah, but don't tell anyone. Your my exception." He laughs. "Come on you were nice before you even met me. I'm sad, not stupid." I joke. Andrew laughs along. "So do you want to tell me why your sad then?" Andrew asks. "Do you want me to start crying again?" I ask more as a statement than a question. "Okay you don't have to tell me. Maybe another time eventually." Andrew says brushing his fingers through his hair. Colby pops into my head once again and I'm forced to do my best to push it out. No matter how hard I try I know he'll always be somewhere in the back of my head, or the back of my heart. I sigh as the thoughts go through my mind. "My cars right here." Andrew says. It sounded like he was going to say something else, but decided not to. "Okay." I say lightly smiling. I walk around to the passenger seat as Andrew unlocks the door. We get in and he starts driving to his apartments. I wasn't as awkward as last time. We basically had small talk the whole way there. Usually I hated small talk, but this wasn't so bad. Wee arrive to his apartment in not to much time. I get out of his car and we go to the front and waite for the elevator to open. While we waite I pull out my phone to see a million calls and text from people. Mainly Tara though. I forgot that I muted my phone for the movie Colby and I were half watching. I wish I could just start the day over. I know this is how it should be, I can't go through this forever. I know if I didn't leave now I would go through it each time no matter how hurt I got, because that's how I was with Colby. It's like I couldn't say no. 'You can't blame him for it.' My mind tells me. I know it's right, but I can still blame him for leaving even if I don't want to admit it, hr did. I read through all of Tara's concerned text about where I am. Just as I'm about to text her back I hear the elevator door bing. Andrew and I walk inside the elevator. I decide to just send Tara a quick test and letting her and the girls know I'm fine. 'Hey, sorry I know you've been worried, but I just had my phone on mute. I'll be home in the morning to get some clothes. I'm gonna stay with a friend for a while. I love you and I'll see you soon call me if anything.' I press send just as the elevator dings for us to get out. I press send and and go back out of her contact as Andrew and I walk out. I see that Colby texted me. I debate opening it, before I just decide to turn off my phone and put it in my back pocket. Andrew and I walk into his apartment and he goes and sits on the couch. I follow behind him and do the same thing. "You hungry?" Andrew asks. "Yeah kind of. Did you have anything in mind." I say. "I was thinking of ordering a pizza if that sounds good." Andrew suggest. "Yup. Waite what toppings?" I ask. "The one and only pepperoni." Andrew laughs. "Wow. You really do get me." I laugh. "Like a soul mate." He mumbles. "Huh?" I say pretending not to hear him. "Nothing." He says. "Okay." I smile. Of course I heard him, I just didn't want to matter how I responded would have hurt someone and I'm not ready for that. Andrews a really good guy and he would honestly be an amazing person to be with, I'm just not over Colby and I don't know if I ever will be.