Distant: Chapter 85

I hear a knock on the door snapping me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I call out. The door opens and Colby walks in. "I'm done." He says in a soft tone. "Oh yeah thank you." I say sitting up. Colby walks to the bed and sits next to me. We both say one another's name at the same time, then Waite to hear what one another has to say. "Go ahead." We both say, then laugh simultaneously. "Damn are we lovers or twins." I joke. "It's a Kansas thing." He jokes. "That's gross." I laugh. "Really though what were you going to say?" He asks. "I was just gonna say thank you. Even when I told you that I didn't want you and I hated you, you stayed. Every bit of pain I felt you felt it to. So thank you for fighting for me. Thank you for fighting for the love I tried to give up. If it wasn't for you. I would probably constantly feel a void in my heart. Anyways that's all. You can say something now." I say sniffling a few times. Colby just sits there looking at me in awe and my heart beats out of my chest with how adorable he looks. "I was just gonna say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for..." "Shut up. I forgive you." I say cutting him off. "But." He starts, before I cut him off. "I already know everything you've done. I know your sorry. It hurt like a bitch and sometimes I honestly wanted to die, but the truth is I forgave you before it happened, because this is horrible to say, but I can't live without you. You can call me clingy and maybe I am, but I never felt a love like this. My heart shatters the moment I see any pain in your eyes. So I don't want to hear about what happened in the past. I forgive you, just don't do it again. Honestly all I can do is ask for you not to break my heart, even though I know it'll end up right back in your hands ever time. Maybe I should be sorry for giving you that power over me, but I'm not. I couldn't help it if I wanted to." At this point I feel tears stream down my face. "Damn it I thought I was done crying at least for now. I'm sorry Andrew." I say looking up and failing to blink the tears away. I feel arms wrap around and pull me close. I lay my head on Colby's shoulder and hug him back. "Just because you cry doesn't mean you're not strong. You're stronger than anyone I know. You have nothing to be sorry about, not to me, or Andrew or anyone. You have the biggest heart ever and the best personality ever. That's everyone loves you from the moment they meet you. That's why I fell head over heels and I love you more than anything in this world. I never want to lose you Adalyn. Ever. I don't ever want to hurt you in anyway you're to precious to me." He says. I just nod my head into his neck. Once I become a bit more calm I pull away. "You know hickeys are technically harmful to the body." I joke. "It doesn't count if it brings you pleasure and doesn't hurt. Plus it doesn't help that your fucking beautiful." He chuckles. "Okay stop it." I smile and get up. "It's true." He says following back to my room. "That's not what I mean that look you give me never ends with us leaving wherever we are anytime soon." I laugh. "Is that such a bad thing?" He asks. "Yes now let's go." I say picking up my suitcases. "Fine. I'll help you." He says taking the bags from my hand. He insisted on holding almost everything. The only thing I had was Andrew's bag and a duffle bag I had with some clothes in it. I make a quick cup of coffee before we leave. We walk out to the elevator and waite for it to open which doesn't take long with in a minute of us getting in it opens for us to leave. We walk to the front and I open the door for Colby. "I'll meet you at the car I just need to return the key." I say. "Okay. See you there." He says before walking off. I go to the front desk and see Nick. He looks physically and mentally tired like I knew he would. "Hey Nick. Here's the key. I'll be back tomorrow morning to organize the rest of the stuff and if there's any paper work. You know my other address do you can just send it. What time does your shift end?" I say. "Okay. In a half hour. How are you holding up?" He asks. I smile.