Distant: Chapter 51

"I just. After things got awkward with Noah, I met my ex. Everything was good, then all of sudden. It's like I drive everyone to want to leave me or hit me or I don't know. But Noah helped me. I didn't want to ruin his love for someone else. I should have kept my mouth shut in the first place." I say looking down. My vision is blurry from the tears. "At least now you met Colby. He's like your soulmate and Noah seemed fine with being friends just now." Tara says. "Yeah your right." I say, trying to steady my breathing out. It takes a while for me to settle down, so I can start driving again. Tara plays the music and starts joking around or singing making me feel better. We pull off and park in my driveway. "Waite before you get out..." I say. "Yeah?" Tara asks. "Are my eyes red?" I ask. "Yeah, but only slightly." She says looking at them. I go through my arm rest and pull out eye drops. I put a drop in each eye and blink a few time, so that it settles in. "I just don't want Colby to worry about me crying." I say, because I can feel Tara watching me. "Your still going to tell him about Noah right?" Tara says. "Yeah of course." I say back. "Okay." She says before opening the door. I do the same and lock the doors once we both close them. We walk back over to the guys house. "Waite Tara says." As we approach the guys door. I look at her slightly confused. "Okay your eyes are good." She says. I smile at her then knock. Colby comes and opens the door. "Hey Cole." Tara says then walks past him to the living room. "Okay don't waite for me to respond." He laughs. "Hey babe." He says looking at me. "Hey." I smile, then step in to hug him. I pull away then close the door. "Shall we go." I laugh. "Hold on." He says and looks at me. "Your eyes are little puffy. Are you okay?" Colby asks. Shit he pays attention to everything about me. I mean I do the same. It's flattering, but it looks like I won't get away with anything around him. I giggle a bit to myself at my thoughts. "Yeah it's probably just still there from earlier." I say and lean up to peck his lips. He kisses me back. "I love you." I say as we walk to the living room. "I love you more." He responds. "Impossible." I whisper. I sit down on the couch and Colby sits next to me. "Nothing's impossible with us." He says placing his hand on my thigh. "True." I laugh. "Oh babe." Colby says turning to me. "Yeah?" I ask. "We're going to have a party tonight." He says excited. "Oh cool. What time?" I ask. "Around nine or ten." He says. "I'm excited we haven't really had a party since our old house." Colby says. "Awe well I'm happy, your happy." I smile. "Thanks." He laughs and kisses my cheek. "Waite a minute!" I exclaim. "What?" Colby looks at me concerned. "Seven. That only gives me three hours." I say. "Yeah. So what?" Colby laughs. "So I have to go get ready." I say getting up. "Tara! The boys are having a party in three hours. Let's go." I call out to Tara. "Waite what? Really? Jake!" Tara exclaims. I laugh a little. "By baby." I lean down and kiss Colby then start to walk away. "Your serious?" He says. "Duuuhh." I laugh then go to the door to waite for Tara. Tara comes over and we go to our house to get ready. Once we enter we see all the girls already preparing. "Wooooooooow you guys didn't tell us." I laugh. "We thought you were getting ready with the guys. They said they would tell you." Kat says, putting her hands up. "And you trusted them." Tara laughs. "Good point." Ava says with a laugh. "Come on we are barely getting ready." Jane says, while motioning us over. We go over and get ready. By the end of the second hour we are all ready. I decided to wear a simple black off the shoulder skin tight dress, with velvet red shoes and simple make-up. I went to grab my bag when I got a text. 'Hey it's Noah. I know we haven't talked in years before today, but would you like to hang out tonight.'