Diatant: Chapter 57

I walk into my house, noticing how quiet it is. I hear a low voice talking from Tara's room. I open the door and see her knocked out on the bed. She had a few shopping bags sitting by her bed and had a YouTube video playing on her computer. I hear laughs and complaining so I go over to see what's on. It's a video on Colby's channel. The boy's had just woken us up to a face full of water. The boys are all laughing and then the camera turns to Colby and I. You can see us talking and laughing together, but you can't hear what in the video. I never really watched the video. I didn't know that was in it. I start to think about that day. The day we truly feel in love. When my heart fluttered when I thought about him, instead of breaking. I feel warm tears stream down my face. Why wasn't I good enough to love, why am I never good enough to love. The lady was right. I start to hiccup from my shortness of breath. Shit. I can't wake Tara up. I close her computer and I start to walk away, but I hear my name. "Adalyn?" I hear Tara say. "Shit." I whisper. "Hey." I turn around. "You okay?" She asks. "No." I answer truthfully. "I figured. Come sit down." Tara says pushing herself up into a sitting position. I walk back over and sit next to her. "Why don't you just talk to him." Tara asks as I sit next to her. "I can't. He doesn't love me." I sigh. "Are you crazy of course he does." Tara says looking at me like I'm crazy. "He didn't come home the night of the party." I say. "So, he's like that." She says confused. "Yeah, but he blocked me that night and this morning I saw him laughing with Megan as they went into the house." I feel a feeling of emptiness that I've gotten quit familiar with in my stomach. I feel my eyes getting glossy again and they start to sting. "No. That doesn't make sense. That little ho." Tara says jumping up out of bed. What the fuck. "Where are you going?" I ask already knowing the answer. She doesn't respond I just hear our front door slam. "Fuck!" I yell out. I go after her. I see her walking inside the boys house, just as I'm leaving our house. I leave the door open, knowing I don't have much time, before someone's ass gets beat. I guess Jake sees me because he waits with the door open. I run over. "What's going on?" He asks as I approach the porch. "Go get Tara!" I yell. He looks at me confused so I just run passed him. My eyes are a blurry mess and I can barely see, but I've been here enough to know my way around. I see Tara marching up the steps and I yell for her to stop. She does, but as soom as Jake and I catch up she continues. "I just want to talk." She says as we reach the top. Jake finally realizes where she's headed. "Tara waite." Jake says "For what?" She asks sounding irritated. I see Jake nod his head slightly toward me and she looks over. Tara's eyes soften, when they meet mines. I must look a real mess. "Can you guys waite by the door I need to talk to him." I say stepping past Tara a little. "Yeah. Okay." She says and Jake nods in agreement. I knock on the door and of course bitch ass Megan opens the door. "What are you doing here." She scoffs. I just push past her. "Excuse me no hos allowed." She laughs, as if she's so funny. "Then you would have been gone a long time ago." I say turning back to her. "Adalyn what do you want?" Colby says in a cold voice. "What do you mean what do I want. I'm here to talk to you." I say as my voice cracks. I try to keep it together though. "He doesn't want to see you. Little slut." Megan answers for him. "Your one to talk." I scoff. "God Colby. Really your with Megan after two days. Your right maybe I shouldn't have come here. I just wanted to see the person I love one last time before..." I trail off. "Bullshit I loved you. You did this." Colby glares at me.