Distant: Chapter 47

"Were five minutes away." Colby says to me. "Woo." I squeal. "Colby?" I say turning to him. "Yeah?" Colby says glancing over. "Thank you. For everything you've done. I could never ask for anyone or anything more than you. Because of you I'm happy." I hear my voice become a little strained in the end, but I try to hold it in. I have no reason to cry. I have everything I could ever want. Just as the thought leaves my head we pull into a parking spot. "I love you Adalyn and I could never deserve the love you give me, but with every breath I have, I'll try." He says, finally meeting my full gaze. "Shit. So much for not crying." I say as tears begin to stream down my face. "I love you too." I whisper. Colby gets out of the car and jogs around to open my door as I unbuckle myself. "Thank you," I say getting out the car. Colby closes the door behind me and wraps me in a tight hug. I squeeze him back and we just stand like that for a moment. "Come one where going to be late." Colby says before kissing my head and letting me go. "For what?" I ask grabbing his hand. "You'll see." We go through the check in upfront and we start going somewhere. "Where are you taking me?" I ask Colby. "A restaurant." He replies still dragging me along. "I'm not really hungry though. Plus, shouldn't we waite for everyone. Now that I think about it I haven't gotten any text. Waite are they still..." I ramble on, but I hear Colby's words cut me off. "Ready?" He asks. "For what?" I say still confused. He opens the door and everyone pops up. "Surprise!" They yell in unison. "Holy shit!" I yell jumping back. Everyone starts laughing, including me. "How did not expect that." I laugh out. "Happy belated Birthday babe." Colby says hugging me. "Awe. I love you. Thank you." I hug him back. "Colby move." I hear Tara say as she approaches us. "It's my turn to hug the birthday girl." She says, pulling me into a hug. "It's not my birthday though." I laugh, while hugging her back. "Shut up. You know what I mean." She laughs. As soon as I let go of Tara I see a line of people waiting to be next. I laugh a little to myself.  I know I keep thinking it, but my friends really are the best. It takes a while, but I eventually get through hugging everyone. The last person I hugged was Cassie. "Happy late birthday. It's never to late to turn up." She laughs. "True." I laugh along. I turn back to Colby and he wraps his arm around my shoulders. "I know I said I wasn't hungry, but with how long that took, I am now." I say looking up at him. "Good cuz I rented out the restaurant for the next four hours." He says looking slightly down at me. "Really." I say in excitement and clapping my hands, like a child. "Yeah." He laughs. "Then let's goooo." I laugh, while dragging Colby to the buffet. Everyone eats, talks, and jokes, for about two and a half hours, before we all decide to go on rides. Our group splits up as we leave, because everyone wants to go to different rides. Tara, Colby, Jake, and I decided we wanted to go on the Indiana Jones ride first, then the haunted mansion, so we all left together. As we waited in line for the Indiana Jones ride anticipation was eating at my stomach. I have no idea why it's probably just excitement. We were waiting in line even though we had the fast pass. I kind of felt bad for the kids who have to waite. Disneyland is really busy today. We move up and I snap out of my thoughts. Sooner or later we get on the ride and of course it was just as much fun as I anticipated. After the ride we moved on to the haunted house. I'm kind actually of scared. Well it's not even that I'm scared, I don't know why, but I have an off put feeling in my stomach. We get in line for the haunted house and waite. This line is that long so it probably won't take long to get in. "This is the only haunted place you guys can get me to go to." Tara laughs out.