Arguments Happen

Harry

Harry and I have a joint bank account and it's really no secret that majority of the money is his but we're married so what's his is also mines.

We don't tell each other every single thing we buy. I'm not going to call Harry while I'm at the store to ask if it's okay to buy a tomato and he isn't going to call me and say he just bought lunch but we agreed we would discuss 'big' purchases with each other before buying them and him spending nearly one million dollars at the Gucci store this month without telling me isn't okay nor is ordering a new flat screen tv, and spending $750,000 at a jewelry store last week.

I knew he was going to New York for fashion week but I didn't expect him to buy so many clothes or jewelry, he already has enough.

Looking at our credit card statements is just pathetic, we don't need to be spending so much money. I wanted to dwell on this longer because it gets worse the more and more I read but I set my phone down and went back into the kitchen to stir the chicken soup so it doesn't boil over. don't want to be a nagging wife nor do want to tell him how to spend his hard earned money but I have to have the conversation with him sooner rather than later.

I'm not entirely innocent here either, do go on occasional shopping sprees where I'll spend around $10,000 and I did buy a new iMac Pro a few months ago but these are all purchases I cleared with Harry.

Not long after I got finished baking the bread, I heard the front door opening and Harry's voice called out my name, announcing his arrival.

I would usually make his plate (or bowl in this case) as he comes in but I only made me a bowl of soup and cut a slice of bread for myself tonight.

"Hi baby," He came in through the kitchen and saw me sitting at the dinning table. "It smells good in here. What did you make?" He automatically came over to the table to eat but stopped once he realized I didn't have his food in front of his chair. "I thought told you I was coming home for dinner." He said.

"You did." I said before blowing on my soup that was on my spoon.

He looked at me but I didn't bother looking at him so he went back into the kitchen and made himself a bowl of soup and cut his own bread.

"Did something happen today at work?" He asked.

"No, did something happen today at the mall?" I asked him, as petty as possible which I shouldn't have done but it's too late now.

"Not that I know of. I went there today for awhile." He said as he came to sit down. I continued eating in peace and it was driving him crazy that I wasn't talking and asking him things like I normally would. "Did forget to do something?" He checked his phone to double check the date, making sure he didn't miss an anniversary or birthday. Nothing. "Why are you mad at me, love?"

"Did you buy an 80 inch flat screen tv today?" I asked him and he blinked at me, not expecting to ask that.

"Is that what you're upset about?"

"It just seems like a waste of money when we have a perfectly working 70 inch flat screen already." I said.

"I was talking to the salesperson about it and with the distance from our bed to the tv, it makes since to get the larger size, it's this mathematical science thing but it'll fit in the room and we can put the one we have right now in one of the guest rooms." He said.

"We hardly watch tv." I stated.

"We watch Friends every night and when we want to have date nights at home in our room, we watch movies." He said.

I guess that's true but that's not the point. "I just think you spend too much money on unnecessary things and we're supposed to discuss big purchases and you haven't been doing that."