Are You Asking Me Out?

The tension in the room was suffocating. Anyone could feel it from a mile away. But fortunately for the sake of their sanity, Y/n doesn't notice any of it as her senses sync in with the taps of soles approaching the room. Jimin's steps weren't far away. She could hear him anywhere.

So she immediately straightens her shoulders and blinks her eyes clear of tears. Jungkook only stares down at her, many emotions gripping his bones. His heart squeezes in his chest when she turns to her side and smiles at him.

He almost blurts out everything, the truth of this world to the secrets he tells no one. She had that effect on him. It leaves him bare until he has nothing left to say. Even if she is a little omega and he is the big alpha who is supposed to fears no one, she makes him feel protected. Her embrace is warm and soft, he knows cause he hides there as much as he wants in a day. The woman before him is the strongest one he has ever seen. And he admired her too much to turn back.

Jimin enters the room not long after, the sweet smell of blueberries accompanying him and bringing back many memories of the academy which was surrounded by it. It's amazing how he still smells like them. However, the calming scented man had an unreadable expression on his face as he walked further into the occupied room.

It wasn't hard for their eyes to meet. At this point, it had become too easy. Y/n instantly noticed the forced smile he sent her way as to not worry her. Her father wasn't with him and judging by his bothered expression, it seems their talk wasn't that delightful.

Her thoughts trail towards her father and worry grips her bones. If her mate looks this upset then that means her father is also troubled. She hopes he is feeling alright.

Jimin doesn't sit down, but keeps standing as his gaze fixes on Hoseok and Namjoon. "Hyung, there is a serious matter concerning the detectives. We have to go." His voice is soft but bare of any vulnerability, bringing back the fact that he will soon be declared as the official alpha who has to look out for his people.

The two betas are on their feet in seconds at the order of their alpha and soon, they are skipping the room without further interaction. Hands in his pocket to keep them warm from the chilling wind, Jimin is walking a few steps ahead of his betas. So it was visible when his shoulders drop and a sigh leaves his lips.

Hoseok watching this from behind can't help but step in. Y/n is his dearest sister and Jimin is his dear friend he grew up with. Watching them go through this is the last thing he wants. "You should talk to her."

Jimin's steps slow down and he slowly turns around to face his beta. The elder's eyes softens when he notices the younger struggling to keep himself together. His fist tightens and his whole body shakes with the overwhelming emotions. The walls of his life are far apart right now, and it feels like he will split into two if he works to bring them back together.

Namjoon can only watch from the side as the broken bond between two close brothers comes to bind together, slowly but he is glad to see the effort is there.

"She likes to go out on strolls in the forest." Hoseok informs randomly, watching as the younger looked up at him with owlish eyes.

"At night." He reminds again. Jimin can only nod in utter gratitude at him. He didn't trust his voice right now or he would be thanking the elder gratefully.

All he had to do now is to ask her to go out with him. It won't be difficult hopefully.

--

The sun dips from the sky toward the mountains quick that day, the peek of it rising in a sunset as it colors the sky with the hues of red and orange. Jimin was seeking out for her the moment he managed to take a breath from the detectives. He never knew those cops could be so determined to know the truth behind the murders of the rogues who attacked him and his mate. As if he will tell them it was his Y/n who did all of that. Not even if it costs him his position.