No Kept Secret

"What..?" Jungkook trails off as he stares at her with wide eyes.

Y/n gulps when she practically feels the way her father shrinks away at her decision. A lump forms in her throat but she tries to shrug it off. "It's okay. I'll try another year."

She looks up and passes them a close mouthed smile. She can feel Jimin's wide eyes towards her and the disbelief others radiate.

"Y/n.. This is your dream." Her father finally speaks, his tone ever so soft. "You always wanted to go out there and prove yourself." Again with that voice, the tone they always used on her. She felt like a child who was being disciplined by her parents at the age of twenty one because she doesn't know any better.

It hurts her how they still think she's naive and can't make any right decisions for herself.

"Maybe not this year. I need to be here." She firmly speaks, no flexibility clearly in her voice.

"Why?" Her father frowns.

She turns her head to the side to link eyes with her father. "Sometimes, we have to be considerate of others too."

It was like a bullet in her heart as she witnessed the hurt flashing her father's eyes. She curses herself internally. She ended up spitting it out. The anger she graved deep in her chest. She was supposed to eat it away and forget about it. But the constant push from her heart made her venomous.

She can't forget about it. The pain Jimin is in right now. She knew she had a say in what her father did. But to the point of disrespect, even she draws the line there. But she is connected to Jimin too now. How is she supposed to stay silence when she feels for him? She listens to his thoughts in the middle of the night from her bed. He feels whatever happened to his father was not fair. He constantly thinks about why his father was targeted. Why he left the world with a bruised lonely heart? Why couldn't he do anything for his father? He was a failure. He is a failure. He failed to heal his father. When she listens to this and the fact that it was her family who caused it, it made her angry and guilty.

Why did they do such a horrible thing to each other? Everytime she thought of it, it hurt a little bit more.

She sighs, unable to meet Jimin's eyes that still stared at the side of her head. "I can't leave. I need to be here. He needs me.." She looks down at her lap, thankful of the curtain of hair that hid her pained expressions.

Right now, Jimin is more important. She wouldn’t be able to forgive herself if something happened to him. She can study another year. After all, knowledge knows no boundaries. Right?

--

The living room was lit calmly by the afternoon sunlight. No one but her invades the chamber. She stares out the large window, having left it open slightly to let in cold air. She was in her head again, her black shadows drilling more negativity in her.

The numerous approaching footsteps echoing the hallway brings her back from her train of thoughts and she didn’t have to turn around to tell who they are.

She smiles at the difference in their scent, all of them comfortable to her nose in their own ways. But she failed to sense the one she was looking forward to the most. That oh-so-calming smell of pretty blueberries.

They fill in the room quietly, as if not wanting to disturb her thoughts. She turns her head to them anyways, smiling at each as she meets their eyes.

She was right. Jimin doesn't accompany them.

She observes as the elders take a seat in the couches while the two youngest lean towards the walls. Jungkook fidgeting against the wall is enough to tell her what is happening.