The Red String

Y/n walks aimlessly through the hallways, drops of blood dripping from where the woman dug her pointy nails into her cheek a few hours ago

Y/n walks aimlessly through the hallways, drops of blood dripping from where the woman dug her pointy nails into her cheek a few hours ago. There is no sense in her steps and there are no thoughts in her head. They were forced to a stop a long time ago.

She had sat in her room for as long as she could breathe after the woman disappeared into her own shadows, leaving her venom-dripping words hanging in the air.

Jimin is not her mate.

Long gone are the butterflies that were fluttering in her stomach, and far are the rolls of euphoria that were cursing through her heat-covered mind. The butterflies now lay dead in the pit of her stomach, and the anxiety-ridden omega has crawled her way to the back of her head again, pushing her through the front to take the lead of this triggering numbness.

Scent which smelled like mouthwatering heat and blueberries has abandoned her skin. She is now drenched with the smell of blood and death.

She goes wherever her legs take her, far too gone into a blank space to even think of where she is going. Maybe she is finding her way towards Jimin. Or maybe she is finding a way out of this house, and towards the peak of the mountain the house is built in. She might be able to stop the unbearable pain that has gripped her whole body like a parasite if she lets herself go over the cliff end.

Maybe it will all be over before she knows it.

Why? Why? Why would Jimin lie to her? He has no reason to. This can't be true. Jimin will tell her about something as big as this.

It seems she is growing close cause she can hear the boys voices blurred from the open living room. They are chuckling at something, she can hear the squeak of their joyous laughter all the way from the kitchen door.

The hallways are drenched in the smell of her floral scent, the one that gripped her skin a few hours ago. That is probably what is making them so blissfully unaware of the smell of a dejected, and devastated omega.

But it won't be long till it takes over the smell of flowers and blueberries.

She draws closer, arms lifeless to her side. She has blocked her connection with Jimin when her heat started for the sake of his sanity, just so her overwhelmed feelings don't overpower the instincts of his alpha and have him ending up inside her room and over her.

If she was sober enough, she would wish she hadn't blocked him out, so he could feel what she was feeling right now and come running towards her.

Emotion. Yes, that's Jimin. He can feel her emotions. He always has. If he is not her mate, then how is it that he is able to feel her and talk to her through his head?

Surely it's all just a lie. It's all just a filthy, twisted lie. That woman wants control over her, and she knows if she breaks Y/n down enough, it will be easy for her to finally do what she's been wanting to do since she attached herself to Y/n at such a young age.