Chapter 116: Cruelty

Kazumi's now sitting on Aiko's bed as she read a medical book there that Hikaru gave Aiko to read to pass some time. As she silently sat there, Fu came in.

"Kazumi. Are you alright?" Fu asked as he walked towards her.

"Fu-kun, do you know someone by the name of Tokiwa?" Aiko asked in her unusual serious tone.

"No, why?" Fu answered.

"You see.... he was the one who.... punished Kazumi."

"Did he hit her?! Whip her?! What punishment?!" Fu asked looking worried.

"No.... he.... forced himself in her." Aiko answered her lips formed a thin line as she gripped her blanket tighter.

Fu was in shock. He managed to understand Aiko's words that she was trying to tell him.  Tears slowly brimmed down his eyes as Kazumi looked at him.

"Why are you crying?" Kazumi asked looking at him.

Fu didn't say anything as he just walked closer to her and hugged her as he cry. He then pulled away as he gripped her shoulders.

"Kazumi.... if ever that 'thing' happens again, or if ever someone tried to do the same thing that Tokiwa did to you.... kill them." Fu sternly said with a serious expression.

".... Why?" Kazumi asked.

"Because they deserve it. Don't ever let him touch you again." Fu answered gritting his teeth.

Kazumi then looked at Aiko as she just gave her a serious look and a nod.

"Alright then." Kazumi answered.

And just as that, Kazumi excused herself for a while to go check on Take. Just as she go towards their room, she felt a slight aura and a sound. She decided to follow it.

"So you mean you spared a Pillar." A man said.

Kazumi peeked her head to see Hibiki talking with someone. He has a black wavy hair and he's wearing a white fedora hat with a black ribbon, a black tuxedo, white pants, and black loafers. Kazumi could feel such intense and scary aura radiating from him that could make anyone shiver in fear and intimidate them, the sound he makes is so loud as if it's a booming thunder, and his scent almost makes her throat dry.

"That's..." Tanjiro muttered out as they saw whom Hibiki's talking to.
".... Kibutsuji Muzan."

They were all surprised to see him this close, although just in Kazumi's memories. But Tanjiro already managed to meet him face to face before.

"Yes, but I asure you, she already lost all means of communication from the corps." Hibiki replied.

"Hibiki.... I'm telling you, the only reason I spared you is because I need you to find such an important thing."

"I know, Kibutsuji-sama."

'I see. So he's the progenirator Aiko-san talked about.'

"And about my blood?" Muzan asked.

"It's successful. Although, there's an exception." Hibiki answered.

"And who is that?"

"A child who managed to overcome your blood and remain human. It seems like that's too little for her." Hibiki answered grinning.

Muzan then shift his gaze to his left side. Kazumi instantly pulled her head back. As she's about to turn around to walk away, someone's already there behind her. She then looked up, still her hair covering her eyes.

'He's fast.'

"Hibiki." Muzan called.

Hibiki then walked towards him as he saw Kazumi. He then smiled.

"That's the child I'm talking about." Hibiki said.

Muzan then hummed in response as he crouch down to her level. He then slowly used his hands to put aside her front hair as he look into her eyes and her patched up forehead. As he look at her, he can't feel any fear from her.

"Interesting.... not even scared." Muzan said as he lets go of her hair.
"Such a child.... empty, lifeless eyes, and numb I see. You're really something Hibiki."

"Not only me."

"This child seems to be talented enough to become a powerful demon."

"She is. She managed to kill a man with inhuman strength in such a swift move."

"Since you manage to raise such a kid, I'll give you more of my blood to be given to the other children. And when the time comes, I'll come back to turn this one into a demon myself." Muzan stood up as he put a hand on her head.

"He's a real monster." Kanae said gritting her teeth.

"Why don't you just kill me?" Kazumi asked.
"Aren't you even angry that your small amount of blood.... didn't turn me into one?"

"Suicidal also, what a real luck. The reason is simple, because that amount of blood given to you is enough to turn anyone into a demon." Muzan answered.
"Yet you didn't so that only means you needed more, and if you needed more that means you're strong enough to be one of the twelve kizukis."

"What if.... I don't want to?"

"How come?"

"Beacause.... I don't know, I just don't feel like it."

Muzan then sighed as he carry her to his right side and looked at Hibiki.

"Warning Kibutsuji-sama, she also protects slayers instead of killing them." Hibiki warned as he nodded and left.

Muzan also started walking away, silence is the only thing that surrounds the two as they reach the outside of the hideout. Muzan put her down.

"Watch." He said as he raised his hand and in an instant, the tree near them was cut off and fell down the ground.

'I didn't even see it.'

"If you become a demon, you become powerful, live longer than humans and become even more powerful than them. You can also get whatever you wanted. Money, attention, a mansion, servants, everything."

"But demons burn under the sun."

"Yes we do, but the time will come where we don't have to be scared of it. And also, how come you protect the slayers?"

"Because Hibiki wanted them dead. They protect humans against demons." Kazumi answered as she remained still.

"Isn't all this sufferring enough for you? A lot of people already showed you the bad side of humanity so, why protect the slayers? Don't you want revenge?" Muzan questioned as he crouched down to look at her.

"Because not all humans are the same. There are other humans who are kind and merciful. If there are good humans, I believe there are good demons too." Kazumi answered not even a single hint of lie lingering to her words.

"So you believe that. But still, that doesn't change my mind of wanting you to become one. Kazumi, if you turn into one, you could kill and torture those who made you suffer as punishment. And those slayers, you can just kill them if they try to go after you or against you."

"I still decline. Revenge could only blind a person to the beauty of the world, and to the beauty of what they call forgiveness."

Muzan just sighed. Unlike any other humans, she's the only one who didn't manage to make him angry despite such words of hers.

"Kazu-kun." Tanjiro muttered out.

"Such a child." Gyomei murmured.

"If you're still not convinced, I'll tell Hibiki to give you much more time outside and being away from here." Muzan said as he walked back.
"To let you see how cruel humans really are."

'I don't have to have a lot of time outside just to see how cruel humans can be, ever since I'm still under my mother's care, I already know. Kibutsuji Muzan.... you're blinded by your own greed and pride.'