Chapter 43: Rengoku Estate

Senjuro's currently sweeping outside of the Rengoku Estate. As he kept on sweeping, he felt a poke on his back that made him flinch and snapped his head back.

"Ne~ Senjuro-kun, did I startle you that much?" Kazumi asked giving him a closed eye smile.

Senjuro sighed wiping the sweat on his forehead with his sleeves.

"So it was just you Kazumi-chan. Yeah, you startled me a lot!" Senjuro answered.
"Let's go in!"

The two went in the estate to the living room. In there, they saw the former Flame Pillar, Rengoku Shinjuro, sitting on the veranda.

"Father, Kazumi-chan came to visit." Senjuro said entering the room together with Kazumi beside him.

"Oh! Kazumi-chan, I'm glad you came to visit!" Shijuro said smiling at her.

"Yeah, good day Shinjuro-san. I'm glad to see you're doing fine."

Senjuro went to the kitchen to get some tea and serve it to the two. Just as he comes back with the tray, he saw Kyojuro enter from the front door.

"Aniue! You're back!" Senjuro said smiling at Kyojuro.

"Yes! Where's father?!"

"Father's with Kazumi-chan in the living room."

"Wait.... she came to visit?" Kyojuro leaned down closer to his brother as his words are just like a whisper.

"Yes! I'm just on my way to serve them some tea and snacks!" Senjuro replied cheerfully.

While the two were chatting together in the living room, they heard the doors snapped open revealing Kyojuro and Senjuro.

"I'm home father!" Kyojuro said bowing down to Shinjuro.

"Welcome back. Have a sit."

Kyojuro looked at Kazumi and saw Senjuro already sitting beside her.

"Welcome back Kyojuro-san! As always, you came back without a scratch." Kazumi greeted.

"Thank you for that. It has been quite a long time since the last time you visited here." Kyojuro said as he took a sit beside his father.

"It's not that long, I just visited here two months ago and you just came at my place two weeks after that." Kazumi replied sipping her tea.

"I see! You're right!" Kyojuro replied chuckling at his self.

"Kazumi-chan, w-would you like to try some of these?" Senjuro asked offering Kazumi a plate of mochis.
"I-I.... just made them this morning."

"Okay!"

Kazumi took a piece of mochi and placed it in her mouth. She gulped it and smiled at the boy beside him.

"The mochi this time is even tastier than the one I ate the last time I came here. You've improved Senjuro-kun!" Kazumi praised him while tapping his back.

This made Senjuro's face be covered in a red color, now looking like a tomato.

'She just praised me!'
Senjuro thought.

"Say.... have you been practicing this past few days?"

"Yes he is. He kept on making mochis until he's satisfied with the taste, the taste of the mochis he made the last time you came here won't leave his mind so he kept practicing." Shinjuro answered taking a piece of mochi and putting it in his mouth.

"You've truly improved Senjuro! The mochis are not too soft, I like it!" Kyojuro praised chewing down a piece of mochi.

"Th-Thank you Kazumi-chan, aniue." Senjuro replied still blushing.