Chapter 71: Calm Down!

When Kazumi arrived at the Butterfly Estate, she was led by a Kakushi who carried Tanjiro to the room where he is confined. As she enter the room, she saw two other people. A boy with a blonde hair and the one with a boar mask.

"Ah! Kazu-kun! I'm glad you're here!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he saw Kazumi.

'Odd, his smile is warm yet I can't even smell anything from him. He's really amazing! He could hide his presence very well!'
Tanjiro praised mentally.

"Are they your friends?" Kazumi asked as she walked closer to Tanjiro.

"Yes." Tanjiro answered.
"The one with a boar mask is Inosuke. And the other one is Zenitsu."

"I see, nice to meet you Zenitsu-san, Inosuke-san." Kazumi greeted.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Zenitsu asked looking at Tanjiro and Kazumi.

"Yes! I met him when I was training to become a slayer. He also knew about Nezuko." Tanjiro replied cheerfully.

"I see wait...." Zenitsu squinted his eyes at Kazumi's collar.
".... Kazu right? Is that blood?" He asked pointing at his collar.

"Oh, so you noticed! Don't worry, it's just a little!" Kazumi answered waving her right hand.

Tanjiro's expression then saddened while looking at her. Zenitsu noticed how Tanjiro's sound changed.

"Come on, don't feel so down!" Kazumi beamed.
"It doesn't hurt at all! What's important now is for you to recover and train! Remember, you are her big brother." She continued patting his shoulder with her right hand.

"Yes.... thank you Kazu-kun!"

Kazumi then looked at Inosuke and walked towards him. She gently patted his boar mask.

"Who're.... you?" He asked in a low voice.

"I see, seems like you also have severe injuries Inosuke-san." Kazumi answered.
"I bet you already heard Tanjiro-kun call me so, you could just call me that way too."

"....."

She then walked to the door sliding it open before looking at them.

"I have to go now. I'll pray for the recovery of the three of you, please rest well." She said giving them a closed eye smile.

Zenitsu and Tanjiro who saw this blushed a little while Inosuke stayed silent who can't even see it since he can't move.

As she got out of the room, Aoi led her to where Nezuko is. She entered the room and saw the box close. She knocked on it twice.

"Ne~ Nezuko-chan, it's me." She called.

Shortly, Nezuko opened her box and crawled out. She looked at the person who just called her. She felt as if the voice was familiar until she realized it.

"Hmph." Nezuko said in a sad tone crawling to her lap and looking up to her.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. No need to be sad." Kazumi reassured patting her head.

For a split second, Nezuko felt as if she's looking at her mother seeing Kazumi's smile. She then hugged her and soon fell asleep on Kazumi's lap.

Kazumi gently carried her and put her on the bed to rest properly before gently caressing her head. She then left the room and the estate before Shinobu comes back.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

[Kamaboko squad's room....]

Tanjiro told Zenitsu what happened during the trial at the Demon Slayer Headquarters. This made Zenitsu fear the Pillars even more then suddenly enraged him when he heard about Kazumi.