Chapter 102: Mayonaka Aiko

[At the Frost Estate....]

     Everyone just finished their dinner together with the Midorime family, and Ayato and his friends. Kazumi still hasn't come back from her mission so they decided to stay a little longer to wait for her.

"Are you sure about that now Tetsuya-san? I mean.... we can tell Master." Mei asked with a worried look.

"Don't worry, it's just an additional three days. We're all fine with it." Tetsuya said.

"Father's right! And with that we could play with the children even more!" Touya agreed with a cheerful smile.

"And besides.... Tomoe-nii here could ask more questions and guidance from Chiyo-san on how to take care of a new born baby." Shu said in a teasingly manner which gained him an earpull from Tomoe.

"I'm sure you'll go through this once you have your own wife and child." Tomoe said as he still hold on to Shu's right ear pulling it harsher.

"Aw! Aw! I'm sorry! Lemme go!" Shu apologized as Tomoe let his ear go that already turned red in color.

"I wonder, does missions take so long like this?" Ayato asked.

"Yes. Sometimes even two weeks straight. That's how they work. But I admit, only the Pillars are given a two week straight missions. And as a Pillar, she's a busy person." Ringo answered as she sip her tea.

"Ara~, I suppose Kazumi-chan should take long breaks too. They really work so hard yet the government doesn't even acknowledge them. How sad." Toshino said with a saddened look.

"Well.... she handles them just well. Even if she's here she would still keep herself busy as she also handles this estate." Ringo replied.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

     Everyone's now watching as Kazumi is inside a different room after her harsh whip torture. Inside a room in which they suppose to as a laboratory because of the test tubes, chemicals, and some materials for experiments are in there. Kazumi is soon carried by a male doctor to sit on a bed as Hibiki watch them.

"Hibiki-sama, why is a child in here?" The female doctor asked.

She looked like to be in her late forties as some gray hair is mixed with her red one due to aging. Hibiki crossed his arms as he look at the female doctor.

"I brought her here to be a lab rat." Hibiki answered with an evil smirk as he look at Kazumi who stayed still looking down.

"With how she looks like, she's been tortured by you I suppose. Is the torture not enough?" The female doctor asked as she slightly frown.

"Hikaru, you know very well yourself how this place works. And I don't care whether the ones I bring here is a child or not. Watch your actions towards me or you'll face the consequences." Hibiki threatened as he glare at the female doctor named Hikaru.

Hikaru could only grit her teeth and clench her fists as she watch Hibiki leave and so is the male doctor. She then calmed down as she approach the newly brought in child. She could see dried and fresh blood covering her body and clothes. Unlike the other children, she's the youngest to be taken in there. Unlike the other children who would cry and plead for her help, this child in front of her didn't.

She soon put her hands gently on both her cheeks as she gently motioned for the young child to lift her head up. As she looked at her eyes, she was surprised. A child whose eyes held nothing but emptiness, such lifeless eyes she have seen.

"What a pity. You're still young yet your eyes now held nothing but emptiness." Hikaru muttered out as she walked away from her.

Kazumi kept her head down not really minding what's going to happen to her.