Patricia XXIII

Patricia just wanted a chill weekend for once, but apparently that was too much to ask for while living in Anubis house and following a hundred-year-old quest for a mythical mask. Friday and Saturday had been spent primarily dealing with Joy's date with Fabian. Joy was under the impression that it had gone well and that he would be asking her on a second date any second. Patricia was torn between supporting Joy's happiness and giving the girl the wake up call she clearly needed. In the end she decided to remain silent on the issue, Joy would come to her senses eventually, or Fabian will man up and choose to actually talk to both girls. Either way Patricia had decided that she was staying out of it.

This was a good thing since she had so much work to do. Between school and Mara dropping all work that wasn't connected to the TOP SECRET Vera article, Patricia was slammed. Mrs. Andrews had assigned Eddie and her the job of covering the campaign. Eddie had decided to cover Tessa's campaign while Patricia covered Mara and Amber's. They had planned to meet up after lunch to discuss their information and work on putting together some articles. Alex from Isis house was assigned as their photographer and had sent over copies of the pictures they had taken of the candidates. Patricia had to review them and choose which ones she wanted to use before she met up with Eddie, so putting on her headphones to drown out Joy's lovesick commentary she got to work.

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

With lunch having been cleared away, Patricia set up her laptop and notebook at the dining room table as she waited for Eddie to arrive.

"Sup Yacker" and the clatter of notebooks and pens hitting the table accompanied Eddie's arrival in the dining room. He quickly set up his stuff and the pair got to work. Patricia was surprised at how focused Eddie was, in class he tended to goof off and not take anything seriously, but with this project he was actually trying. It was weird...

"Say Eddie," Patricia began

"Yes Patricia" he replied without turning away from the article he was proof reading.

"What's making you try so hard on this? I mean journalism doesn't really seem like your thing..."

"Hah! That's where your wrong Yacker. I was on the paper staff at my old school and we were freaking awesome".

"Really?" Patricia totally didn't care or anything, but Eddie rarely shared about his life before Anubis.

"Yeah, I got the sickest photos! And New York is like the best place for variety in news content. Unlike here in Boresville UK, the city had parades and events and protests that students were encouraged to attend".

"Ok, that is actually really cool" Patricia had to admit.

Looking at her Eddie had an excited gleam in his eye as he continued to talk about his old school, "Yeah! I got really into photography there with my friend Darby. He's actually the one who got me my camera! You wanna see?"

Slimeball or not, Patricia couldn't deny the earnest happiness in the American boy's eyes. Nodding she got up and followed him across the hall to his room. She hadn't been in there since Mick had moved out, and she could definitely say that Eddie had a very different decorating style. His walls just screamed New York and Punk. Unfortunately Patricia loved it.