Nina XXXVI

Monday morning rolled around and the Sibuna club was still cursed. Nina had hoped that her weekend spent in the library would turn up a clue on ancient curses, but she hadn't had any luck. Fabian's steadily declining memory meant that she didn't have her normal study partner and the team's best researcher to lean on. Nina had gotten him a pad of paper to carry around in hopes that he would be able to recall his thoughts later on with the help of his notes. Amber was still in a huff over Fabian voting for Mara in the school election so between that and her aging pains she had little time for their best friend. Alfie had lost about 2 inches off of his normal height and his voice had started to crack, which he was not happy about. Patricia was frustrated but seemed to still be able to communicate with a whiteboard and her phone for the time being. The team had worried about what to tell the teachers until Lili had stolen Jerome's laptop and crafted a perfectly forged doctor's note about Patricia's fake Laryngitis. Liliana's eyesight had gotten worse and while Jerome's elongated "S" sounds had gone away they had been replaced by his teeth lengthening into what looked like fangs. Overall, Nina was freaking out, she knew that they had to solve this next task quick before the other Sibunas got worse.

When the bell rang signaling a class change, Nina followed Fabian into the Drama Lounge to discuss their next task while they waited for their literature lecture to start. "I wish that I could remember more about these tasks" sighed Fabian as the pair took a seat on one of the available couches. "Why are we doing them again?" he asked taking out his notepad to record her response.

Back to square one... putting on happy face Nina replied, "We need to find the Mask of Anubis, give it to Senkhara, and rid ourselves of this curse once and for all".

Looking down at his notes Fabian clarified "And Senkhara... is the Egyptian Spirit out to get us, right?"

Hallelujah! The boy finally remembered. "Yup! Our foul tempered soul captor"

"I remembered". The smile of joy and relived laugh from Fabian were reward enough for keeping her snippy comments to herself, reflected Nina.

"You still remember me, right?" she checked bumping her shoulder playfully against his.

"Of course I do!" he assured her.

"And who am I?" she asked.

Squeezing her hand he replied, "You're Nina Martin, my best friend. I could never forget you".

"You better not" she teased.

"I remember Mr. Sweet, but I don't know who the woman is" Fabian continued as the headmaster entered the lounge with an unknown woman.

"That's ok, I don't know who she is either" Nina reassured him.

"Attention students" called Mr. Sweet clapping his hands loudly. "This is Ms. Valentine. She will be replacing Mrs. Andrews as your literature professor. With that said I will leave you all in her competent hands".

"It's like Megan Fox taking over for Marge Simpson" whispered Jerome, only to have his shoulder hit by Lili as she rolled her eyes.