Winds of Change Preview

Evie's Notes: Hi everyone! This is a little sneak peak of the follow up fic, Winds of Change. I plan to post the rest of this chapter next week! I hope that you all enjoy and give Winds of Change a chance as well!

----------------------

The bustling streets of Cairo were full of life and color. A young girl pushed her way through one of the many crowded marketplaces holding tight to an older woman's hand. The pair were followed by a young man who grasped tightly to the older woman's other hand so as to not get lost in the crowd. The group stopped at a couple booths to gather supplies for that night's supper, before climbing up the steps to their latest flat.

"Gran, why don't you go lie down for a bit while Fabian and I make dinner?" suggested Nina as she placed the groceries they had gathered in the small kitchenette that came with their flat.

"That sounds good, thank you dear" agreed Evelyn Martin, pressing a quick kiss to her granddaughter's head before heading into the only bedroom of the flat to lay down.

While Fabian's cooking skills had improved over their travels, Nina's had not. The pair had quickly realized that things went much more smoothly, and with less uncontrolled fires, when Nina was in charge of chopping ingredients and washing dishes. The pair worked quickly and soon Nina was calling her Gran back in for their meal. The trio enjoyed their vegetable curry and shared stories about their adventures that day.

Evelyn's doctors had recommended that the woman spend the summer in a warmer, dryer climate to help her health. So once the semester wrapped, the trio set off on a whirlwind trip across the mediterranean and landed eventually in Egypt. Fabian's Uncle Aide had tempted the group with access to his dig site and tickets to some of the most prominent museums. Nina figured that part of the reason the man had made the offer was because of Jasper's recent arrest. The man likely wanted to keep his nephew close by as he mourned the loss of his godfather.

The trio agreed to the trip though, so during the day, Evelyn would explore some of the more residential areas, taking frequent breaks to assist her recovery. While the young couple dove into the world of archeology with great fervor.

----------------------

Evie's Notes 2: Thank you all so much for reading 💕! I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak!

I love hearing from y'all! Let me know what you think in the comments or my Tumblr House-of-Secrets! Have a great week and stay safe! - Xo Evie🌺