Amber LXVI

Summary: Sibuna to the rescue!

Evie's Notes: Happy Wednesday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week and staying cool in this crazy summer heat! Longer update today, let me know your favorite part in the comments!

----------------------

Now that Jerome's birthday had passed, the Sibunas were able to turn their focus to the important task of saving Trudy. As much as Rufus scared the teens, they were not willing to stand back and allow their old housemother to suffer at the hands of the mad man. The Sibunas gathered in the Frobisher library before classes Thursday morning with the plan to confront Jasper.

"I had the craziest dream last night" joked Alfie. "Where Vera was a double agent, Rufus was a kidnapper, and Fabian's godfather was a mole".

"A different kind of mole, Ambs" explained Patricia, seeing Amber's confusion about when Jasper had turned into a furry rodent.

"I wish I could say it was all a dream" sighed Nina.

"Ooh! Grim Faces'' chuckled Jasper as he descended the stairs from the library's balcony. "What can I do for you all this morning?".

"Well first you can grovel, '' snarked Amber. "Then you can help us get Trudy and my dollhouse back".

"You shouldnt have told them, Jerome'' scolded the curator.

"He wouldn't have had to if you'd just been honest with me" interrupted Fabian.

"I didn't want to put you in danger, '' defended Jasper. "Trudy got too involved and look what happened to her. I was tring to keep you safe".

"Safe, Shmafe!" yelled Alfie. "We're gonna bust her out, arent we?"

"Look, Jasper, we all know Rufus. We go waaay back" explained Patricia. "He is completely evil".

"Which is why we need your help," added Amber.

Unfortunately, the weak-willed curator did not look eager to help the teens, despite supposedly trying to protect them all before.

"Well you are going to help us, aren't you, Jasper? '' pressed Fabian.

With the added guilt from his godson, the curator cracked. "Everyone has an Achilles heel, and the collector's is antiquities. The one thing he wants more than anything else is the Mask of Anubis".

"Yeah, well you can tell him to get in line," scoffed Amber.

"Wait!" gasped Fabian, clearly having gotten an idea. "If Jasper tells Rufus that he has the Mask of Anubis, then he will want to go meet him. With him away from the barn, we can break in and rescue Trudy".

"Great plan, tiny flaw" disputed Patricia.

"What?"

"We don't have the mask, remember? Otherwise we wouldnt be dealing with the Queen Bitch herself".

"But Rufus doesnt know that..." drawled Nina, pointing to the case where the replica of the mask was resting in plain sight.

"We can use the replica!" exclaimed Fabian, excitedly pulling the American into a bone crushing hug. "Nina! You brilliant, clever girl"

"Are we all forgetting that Vera is his agent?!" stressed Lili. "She knows that we can't possibly get through the task to safely get our hands on the mask. She would call BS in a moment".

"It would definitely show where her true loyalties lie, '' mused Jerome.

"Be that as it may, we could possibly stage a disturbance to make her assume that we took the mask, '' suggested Alfie. "But she would still notice that we took the replica here in the museum".