Patricia LXVIII

Evie's Notes: Happy 4th of July! This is the first of the two chapters I am dropping today. I hope that you enjoy, let me know your favorite part in the comments!

--------------------------------

January 31st was Patricia and Piper's favorite day of the year, and also one of the hardest. Piper had started at her various music boarding schools at age 6, so the twins hadn't been able to celebrate their birthday together in years. While the two had never been super close, it always stung a bit to not be able to celebrate together.

Her birthday started off the same way it always had since she started at Frobisher Academy (excluding last year for obvious reasons). She was awoken by the smell of her favorite cinamon tea and well wishes from Joy. This year Joy had paired up with Mara to make the boysenberry crepes that Patricia adored, and the evidence of their attempts covered them from head to toe. Still the crepes were delicious and she deeply appreciated all of the effort the pair had gone through just for her!

What she hadn't expected was the facetime call she received while watching Fabian and Joy face off in the weird egyptian board game Lili had found (those two were seriously obsessed with it).

Stepping out of the sitting room, Patricia made herself comfortable in the chairs by the phone and answered her twin's facetime call.

"Hey Pipes! Happy Birthday"

"Happy Birthday Trisch! How is your day going so far?"

"It's going well, I miss you though"

"Aww, that's so sweet! I miss you too. It sucks that we can't be together this year, especially since we are finally on a good page" commiserated Piper.

"Yeah. We will just have to plan a super epic day out over Spring Break" promised Patricia.

"Your present should arrive with the mail later today, but I wanted to let you know that part of the gift is in your inbox"

Opening her email, Patricia found a message from Piper containing a video link. Clicking the link she was redirected to a private server with a video.

The video began with the message "Happy Birthday Trich. I love you and hope that you enjoy the song/video since we can't celebrate together this year" in a hot pink cursive font. The video then shifted to show Piper dancing with friends as an original birthday song played over the images. The whole film was shot vlog style and showcased Piper having a birthday party with her friends. It allowed Patricia the ability to pretend like she was there partying with her sister.

As the video wrapped up, Patricia wiped a happy tear from her eye and thanked Piper for the lovely gift. The twins talked for a little bit longer before Piper had to go. Patricia wished her a wonderful day, and hoped that she enjoyed her present.

Patricia had struggled with what to get Piper for her birthday for several weeks, before deciding to paint a portrait of the pair. In the painting, Piper's side had floating music notes surrounding the girl dressed in a hot pink skirt and a black and white blouse, with her hair in perfect curls. Patricia's side had paint brushes and palettes surrounding the girl in a pair of ripped, paint splattered jeans, a sick puppies tee shirt and her hair twisted up in a messy bun. Despite the clear differences, the two girls were holding hands, and in a fancy gold script was the phrase, "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of ''. Along with the photo she had sent the girl a cute pink care-package full of food, makeup and energy drinks.

Staring at her phone with a smile, Patricia had to admit that no matter what else happened today, this time with her sister was definitely the highlight of her birthday.

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

Since her birthday was on a Sunday this year; Patricia, Joy and Eddie decided to spend their afternoon at the Grosvenor Museum in Chester. The trio had a lot of fun viewing the different exhibits and taking selfies in the downtown area. Patricia was inspired by a ton of exhibits and was itching to get home and transfer some of her sketches into paint.

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

While the trio were gone, the other residents apparently had been busy setting up for a surprise party. Walking in the door, Patricia was greeted by her friends and housemates shouting "Happy Birthday!".

Mara passed her a gorgeous diamond crown and wrapped a fluffy black boa around her neck. Joy and Eddie ushered her into the sitting room where Fabian was standing by an overstuffed armchair that they declared the birthday throne. Sitting on her "throne" in her black dress, boa, and crown, Patricia felt like a gorgeous evil queen looking down at her adoring subjects.

All of her friends from the newspaper were there, along with the art club. She had so much fun dancing with her friends and rocking out to the playlist Fabian had put together. The partygoers feasted on pasta, pizza, salads and sandwiches catered by Patricia's favorite restaurant in town, Jackson's.

Halfway through the night, Patricia was ushered to the middle of the room and surrounded by the partygoers. As everyone sang Happpy Birthday, Eddie placed his hands over her eyes and then removed them to show Joy and Fabian standing in front of her with a gorgeous pink cake covered in strawberries. She recognized it as the strawberry-meringue buttercream sponge cake that she had been raving about for the past couple weeks! She blew out the candles to the sound of cheers from her classmates. Reaching out Patricia swiped a bit of frosting off the cake and bopped it onto Eddie's nose causing the group to burst out laughing. Eddie just rolled his eyes and wiped it off his nose with a smile, before kissing her deeply.

"All right lovebirds, break it up" ordered Joy. "Pepermint still has to cut the cake".

The students partied long into the night before Victor and Vera chased the guests out of the house at 23:30.

-------------------------

Link to "Piper's" birthday video (Selena Gomez Birthday): watch?v=abWeJq_XlwA

I love hearing from y'all! Let me know what you think of the chapter and the story so far in the comments or my Tumblr House-of-Secrets! Have a great week and stay safe! - Xo Evie💕