Mara & Patricia LVI

Summary: Mara talks to Jerome about the letter, Alfie practices magic and the twins have a heart to heart

Evie's Notes: Hey y'all, I'm back! Sorry for the late update but I was busy with my grad school finals and graduation! We have a longer chapter again today so I hope you enjoy! Let me know your favorite part in the comments!

---------------------

Mara POV:

Mara raced through the halls after her first class looking for Jerome. Turning the corner, she spotted him standing by his locker exchanging his books for his next class. "How did it go with Jasper? Did you confront him about the letter?".

"yep, yep" replied Jerome, focusing on his books. "He has spoken to Trudy and she said that she had someone else write the letter for her".

"Why would she allow someone else to write a personal letter like that for her" worried Mara. This whole situation was just getting weirder and weirder.

"Who knows" snapped Jerome, slamming his locker closed. "Maybe she sprained her wrist whilst baking".

Mara was shocked, Jerome NEVER snapped at her. He loved her! "No, something is definitely going on" urged Mara. "We have to go and speak to Mr. Sweet".

"You can't turn off your inner reporter for even five minutes can you Mara" scoffed the boy.

"What" gasped Mara.

"Just give it up" sighed Jerome his whole demeaner changing. "There truly isn't a story here. Trudy is just with her brother until he recovers, and everything is ok. OK?".

"Right...Okay" drawled Mara not believing a word that the boy had just said. She would clearly have to investigate this by herself.

Jerome scurried off to his next class, leaving Mara standing alone with a free period ahead of her. Should she use the free time to scour the library for clues to Trudy's disappearance? If she found the missing housekeeper maybe Mr. Sweet would let Mara back on the website!

Unfortunately, her investigation would have to be put on hold, since her path to freedom was blocked by a very familiar Osiris house resident.

"Jeffray" greeted Tessa Jones with a slight nod. "Let's grab a cup of tea, it's time that we have a talk".

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

Mara stirred a spoonful of honey into her teacup as she made herself comfortable at the Osiris dining room table across from Jones. "What do you want talk about?" she asked the girl.

"I talked to Amber before we left for break, and I just wanted to loop you in about what we came up with for splitting the student rep position".

"Awesome! I had a couple ideas as well, but I'm excited to see what you put together".

"Amber suggested that you be in charge of talking to current parents and the school staff".

"Ok, I can handle that, what about you two?"

"We thought that I could handle coordination between the boarders and day students. Amber would focus on coordinating admissions events and planning student celebrations".

"Oh yeah, Barbie is pretty good at planning parties. I'm sure she will have fun with that".

"It's more than just parties though. She will be in charge of inviting potential students and giving tours of the campus" snapped Tessa.

"I mean this all sounds good to me" shrugged Mara gulping down the rest of her tea. "I'll let Ambs know that I'm on board with the plan and then reach out to the staff".