Chapter 45

Christine’s POV

I can hear my heart beating loud and fast in my chest, like it’s ready to jump out. I don’t even know why am I so nervous, why my hands keep on sweating. I feel like a teenager who’s just going on her first date. It’s just that feeling inside that takes you back into past and makes you feel like you felt then.

I never hoped on meeting Harry again, I'm not going to talk about going on a date with him today. I don’t even know if it’s a date. He didn’t say anything, keeping it as a surprise. Just like he always did when we were together. I’m so curious what today will be like. I wonder what could it be. Maybe he’ll just take us to dinner. Maybe we’ll go to cinema. More I think about it, more excitement wakes up in my body making me so giggly and jumpy.

I decide on wearing a dress I find in my closet. I wore it only once; when I went out with Eleanor and Sus years ago. Let’s just pray I’ll manage to put it on. Which I do, after some seconds of struggling with the zipper on the back. The dress is pretty nice. Nothing special and very simple, but it still looks cute and it menages to hide imperfections on the body. This soft cream colour really fits to me.

I don’t put much makeup, but still just a bit. It’s kind of more of a habit than a need.

Before I even blink, it’s already 5:50 which means Harry should be here any minute. I put on my heels, but also put my Converse in my bag. Knowing myself, I'll get tired of heels very soon. I hear a knock on the front door and that reminds me of getting a door bell. It’d be easier. God, what am I thinking about?

I walk over to the door and open them, letting a heavy sigh out. It’s more like a sigh of excitement, I think.

I lift my head up, eyes locking with Harry’s immediately. Just one look at his beautiful eyes, the ones that always are so beautiful and so easy to get lost in them. I don’t say anything, maybe I’m not even breathing, just keeping the contact between our eyes.

“You look beautiful.” He says and I swallow, feeling my cheeks heat up. I smile widely and notice he’s smiling too. It’s not a smile you put to return it or just because it fits to the occasion. It’s a honest and gorgeous smile that makes me feel so dizzy. It always had and always it will.

“You don’t look too bad, neither.” I reply, making him smile even more as he steps closer to me, my heart already pounding fast. He slowly presses his lips on mine, sending thousand sparks through my body. I let my lips dance with his, enjoying the feeling of his lips on mine. He pulls away, now smirk on his face, confusion flashes through me.

“Are you ready?” he asks and it takes me a while to answer because my thoughts are thinking about anything else but his question. I turn around to grab my jacket and my bag. I come back with a smile and I nod.

“Yeah.” I tell him simply and he turns around, whispering ‘Follow me’. I lock the door, hoping Sugar won’t make any mess in the flat. I follow Harry quietly behind, trying to steady my breathing and somehow make my heart stop beating that fast and loud. I can bet he can hear it.

When we come out, cold air blows in my face, sending shivers down my body. I see Harry waiting for me, having passenger’s door open, probably for me to sit in the car. I rush towards him, smiling and feeling my heart racing the soon I get closer to him.

I sit in the car and he does the same after.

“I think you’re gonna be cold. We’ll be outside.” Harry says, turning the engine on. I groan and buckle in my seat.

“Well, I’m reminding you, you didn’t tell me where are we going.” I tell him as a matter of a fact, but he just shrugs.

“I could tell you, but it wouldn’t be a surprise then.” He states and I chuckle. This situation with him is so familiar to me. As if I still remember how we use to argue about all this surprise things once. It drove me insane, but I loved it at the same time.