Chapter 41

''Were you with Harry?'' a voice behind me speaks, or probably, Luke. Soon as these words, that question leaves his mouth, it's like everything stops. Time stops, my mind stops working, my throat goes dry. I forget how to think, how to breathe and move. I sit on the couch, completely blind minded.

''Answer me!'' he screams and I shut my eyes, letting one tear escape my eye. I don't answer, don't even say something.

''Christine, tell me!'' he stands in front of me, his eyes full of pain and disappointment. His eyes are red and puffy, probably from all the crying. He's looking at me with some kind of hope, like he was hoping for me to tell him that any of things he's thinking, isn't true.

''I-I w-were with E-El.'' I whisper, tears running from my eyes.

''O-Okay, and after that? Christine, please tell me the truth.'' He pleads, tear rolling down his cheek. I place my hand on his cheek, his tears falling on my thumb, as I wipe them away. Luke closes his eyes, earning more tears to fall down. He sighs, and moves away. It's now or never. I just want to tell him. To scream the truth out to him. But, I just don't want him getting hurt. I don't want to see those eyes to look me with hate and disgust, but like they used to.

But, he obviously knows something, so there's no point of lying anymore. I breathe deeply, tears never stop rolling down.

''Yes, I was with Harry.'' I whisper, and his eyes only fill with more tears. He walks away from me and throws something on the floor. Which, judging by the sound, crashed onto billion pieces. Just like his heart.

''So, you were with him him that night when you were 'with Eleanor', didn't you?'' he screams on top of his lungs, veins popping out of his neck and tears covering his cheeks. I just want to scream at something, to hit something. Seeing him like this, so broken and hurt, only makes me curl up in a ball and cry. Cry until I die. I sob escapes my lips, as I shook my head at this situation. This was not supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to find on this way.

''Don't you dare to deny that! You were there! You were there with him!'' He yells, grabbing the bottle of wine from the shelf, and smashing it to the ground. He is so furious, so hurt and so angry. It scares me on one way and on the other way it saddens me.

''Luke! Stop!'' I yell, my hands pulling my hair in frustration. I walk towards him, wanting to help him, but he only backs away telling me he doesn't want me anywhere near him. That act, that simple act hurt me more than his words ever could. But, why should I complain about all of this, when I deserve all of this. I deserve this hell, this pain inside. But, he doesn't deserve any of this.

He calms down, standing in the corner of living room with his back turned to me. Me sitting on the couch, praying for the good, and him, in the corner of the room trying to stay calm and think with cold head. But, obviously he's not doing very well.

''My cousin Ashley gave me this.'' He tells me coldly, as he throws something on the couch. I take the object in my hand, and when I see what it is, I cover my mouth with my hand. I start crying silently, pressing the object close to my heart. It's the necklace Luke gave me. The one I'm wearing for all those years. How could I not notice it's not with me?

''She found it in Harry's flat yesterday.'' He adds, still not making the eye contact with me. He has his hands in his pockets, as he walks closer to me.

''Tell me the truth, Chris. Tell me everything.'' He whispers and sits next to me. He finally looks at me, and I think I might just break inside. His eyes look so tired, tired of all those tears that are constantly in his eyes, tired of the mess I made. So sad and angry, with confusion in them. Like the troubled ocean. And he, lost in the heart of it, drying to find something to hold on, to save himself.