Chapter 42

I put my hair in a messy bun, just to remove it from my face. I'm currently trying to concentrate on work, but I'm completely failing. It's like my mind is stuck in some kind of a traffic, and I can't think or just focus on something. This flat seems so empty and cold right now. It will take some time for me to get used on all of this. Living alone, coming home to an empty flat, and empty and very cold bed. But, it's all my fault, so I just have to deal with it in one way.

Luke took his things, and practically everything that belonged to him. He left the morning after we ended everything. He said we’ll still be in contact, but I highly doubt that. Okay, maybe we will, but surly not very soon. He needs a break from everything. He told me he’s going to stay with his friend for a while, until he comes with a plan.

I miss him. I never really missed him that much. It was probably because I always knew he’ll come back to me, but this time…he won’t. And I probably miss to have someone near me 24/7 to talk with. Someone who’d listen to me and give me some advice. Basically, losing Luke feels like losing my best friend. I hate admitting that.

Sus was here just minutes ago. She and Spencer headed to Chicago today. And I’m gonna miss her as hell. It was easy because she was here, next door. Now, I feel like a girl who just moved in a new flat and doesn’t know anything nor anyone. And the feeling sucks. El calls me here and there so yeah, I’m not really lonely.

I just need to get used to this. And I’m doing pretty well. I think. It’s been almost two weeks since Luke moved. And I haven’t heard him since then. He texts sometimes, but only to tell him he'll come to take something. But, I think it’s good for him to stay away from me in a while. He’ll forget about the mess i made and forgive me. I hurt him really bad and I just want him to be happy and find a gilr who's gonna make him fall in love with her. 

I take the files from my lap, and put them on the couch beside me. It’s only nine, and I feel unbelievably tired. I wasn’t on work last week. And because of that, this week was a living hell. There’s just so many files to read, so many new appointments to make. And I’m just so sick of it. I just can’t wait for the weekend to come.

My phone vibrates, and I take it in my hands. A new message. It’s probably my mom, complaining about me not answering on her calls. But, on my surprise it’s not from her. But, from a completely different person. A smile appears on my face, spreading from ear to ear.

Harry: Hey x.

I chuckle at his message. It’s not funny, I know. It’s just odd getting messages from him. He sent me  messages like this couple times this week, asking how am I or what am I doing, and questions like that. I still haven’t told him about Luke and I breaking up.

Me: Hey :)

It doesn’t take him long to reply.

Harry: How are you? x.

Me: Exhausted. You?

I wait for couple seconds for him to answer. Time passes and he still doesn’t reply, so I just put the phone on the couch and get up. I’m so tired, gosh, and I don’t even feel like going to shower or doing anything I usually do before going to bed.

Soon as I get up, I hear my phone ringing, The noise feeling the room, making my head hurt. I take my phone, seeing Harry’s name on the screen. Well that’s a bit weird.

''Hi.'' I answer, walking towards my room, Sugar following me.

''Hey.'' He replies, and goes quiet after his short reply. Once I come into, now my room, I plop down on the soft madras. My phone is still pressed to my ear.