Chapter 34

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The most annoying sound in the world fills my ears waking me up from my deep sleep. Don't you just hate when this happens? Ugh! I feel like crap right now.

I open my eyes, seeing an empty bed. Luke went on his job I'm sure.

I got up, almost falling down and I don't know how. I make a very weird sound when I look at myself in the mirror. I look awful. Oh my god...

I walk in the kitchen, stumbling around. Sugar is sleeping peacefully on his pillow. Cutie.

I decide to eat some cereal today. I usually make myself pancakes or eggs and bacon. I love eating that. It's just so yummy and I love it.

After finishing my cereal, what seemed like forever, I put the bowl in the sink. If I don't feel like utter shit, excuse my language, I would wash it. I'm not that messy usually.

A frustrated sight leaves my mouth as I step in the room. I'm feeling so lazy today.

I open the closet and pull out my cute cream coloured skirt, that's just a little bit above my knees, and white blouse. I want to look cute today, and this outfit seems like a very cute combination to me.

After dressing I go on doing my makeup. Which is only mascara and lip gloss and a concealer to remove the dark bags under my eyes. After I'm finally done with it, I searh for my heals. As you know, I'm not a big fan of heels, but for work I have to be all dressed up. Tip top.

When I find my heels, I put them on and look myself in the mirror. Wow, I'm proud. Considering I looked like a zombie before, and now I look pretty nice. Damn, I look maybe even hot. I put my favorite necklace with a bird hanging from it.

I grab my car keys and take my bag, leaving Sugar in the apartment.

The drive was weirdly short. Usually it seems like the drive is two hours long, but today is really short. I guess this day is going to be good. Maybe my happy day.  

I lock my car and head to the bakery. When Delilah notices me, she smiles widely at me.

''Christine! Good morning!'' she greets, a little bit too loud. I chuckled.

''Good morning to you too. How are you?'' I ask.

''Oh I'm okay. Job is going very well today. Anyway, same as usual?''

''Yes.'' I answer and look down at my phone, who vibrated couple seconds ago. I have one text. It' probably Luke. I tap on it and see that it's from Louis. Louis? Why would he message me?

''Everything okay?'' Delilah's voice wakes me up, and I smile giving her the money.

''Yes. Thank you. I have to go now. You know me.'' I laugh.

''Yes I do. Never late on your work. Go now sweetie.'' She smiles and I return the gesture, before going out of the bakery.

Now when I'm out, I decide to read the message Louis sent me.

From Louis T. :

Hiiiiiiii C. How are you? Sorry for bothering you but I really need to talk with you. Today. It's super important so call me when you're free. -Louis :)

What? About what he has to talk with me? Is it about Eleanor? What can be so important that it can't wait for one more day?

+++

''Okay so take the notes, only what you think it's important. And mostly try to remember some important detail. Okay? I never had this one before so I'm giving him, or her, to you.'' Marry tells me for I don't know what time today.