Chapter 26

CHRISTINE'S POV

I stare at him for seconds. Looking how he looks now. He's hair is longer and his style is definitely different. His eyes are open wide just like his mouth in shock. I can say my face is the same.

I'm shocked to see him. I can tell he's shocked too. Never in a million years I would think I'm gonna see him today. I'm looking for all the anger I felt before, but now...I can't find it. Now I only feel...some weird happiness. I shouldn't feel that. I should be angry.

''Chris.'' His deep voice with perfect British accent speaks. I close my eyes to send the tears away. But they don't want to listen. Never had. They just start rolling down my cheeks. I look at him and see tears in his green eyes. I'm probably looking like an idiot right now. Crying on the rain with the person I hate. But the thing I can't recognize is, are my tears coming from sadness, happiness or anger.

Suddenly his still strong arms wrap around me. He's hugging me. I just stand there in shock not able to move. But his arms are still around me. I close my eyes and let his scent fills my heart making it flutter. I can feel goosebumps rising on my skin.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I hug him back. Putting my arms around his neck and I nuzzle my head into his chest, I smile. He's here. I never realized how much I missed him till now.

''I missed you so much. I know you don't believe me but did.'' He says, with a slight chuckle.

I'm just about say I missed him too, but I stop myself. I have a boyfriend. Who's waiting me in our home.

I push him and look in his eyes. God I missed them so much. They're still beautiful. Green and shiny.

''Harry goodbye. Forget this happened. I didn't miss you. I'm happy without you. I'm living life I always wanted. Leave me alone and forget about me. You are past for me and I am past for you. We are past.'' I cry and run away, looking like a complete idiot running in the rain.

I start running faster not turning around. He's still standing there, watching me leaving. Again. I know it. I can feel it. If I turn I know I'll see that look in his eyes. The same look I saw when we broke up. The thing is, if I turn around and see him standing there in the rain, I'll run into his arms and cry.

I hurt him. I can tell that. But that's good. He has to feel the pain I felt.

But the words I said didn't hurt just him. They hurt me too. I won't forget this moment. Never. And I did missed him. I missed him so much. And maybe, just maybe I still do miss him.

I wasn't happy without him. I was sad, crushed. I needed his comfort. But Luke was there. Comforting me. Luke. I love him. I love Luke.

I step in front of our place and knock. I forgot the keys.

Luke opens the door, TV remote in his hand.

''I love you.'' I say and wrap my arms around him. I start crying again. He puts the remote on the table and lifts me up in bridal style.

''What happened?'' he asks after putting me on our bed.

''Nothing. Luke I don't know. I feel so sad and I only want to cry.'' I tell him and start crying more and more.

''Shh.'' He says laying beside me and wrapping his arms around me. I nuzzle my head in his chest and close my eyes. He doesn't smell like Harry. Which is a good thing of course.

I need to forget Harry. He doesn't exist.

''Babe, I don't know what's wrong but just know I'll always be here for you.'' he whispers and leans in.