Father Faris

It's short but I  didn't feel like sending it on snap cause I already have to scroll so far back for old scenes.

It's not the Germaine scene I promised I got distracted. However I wrote this because

idk I wrote it.
~~~~~~~~
MissAvarice

I feel like the evolution of Faris becoming a daddy will be something along the lines of:

"Faris." Cherry said, getting his attention. They'd returned from their honeymoon about a month before and their relationship seemed to be at the best it had ever been.  "I need to tell you something."

Faris felt his heart skip a beat. That phrase was never followed by something good. "Yeah?"

"Remember how I was a little sick a couple days last week but Ahri said there was nothing wrong with me? I went to ask Mavati instead..." Cherry didn't know how to phrase this best. She worried what Faris might think of it. They hadn't discussed this yet. They both knew it would happen eventually but Cherry had planned on waiting until things were more stable.

"Faris, I'm pregnant." Cherry just outright said it.

"What?" Faris seemed pale (r than usual)  as if his world had just come crashing down on him.

"I'm pregnant. With your child." Cherry repeated. It couldn't be anyone else's. The only man she'd ever slept with was Faris'.

Faris was at a loss for words. This wasn't good. He wasn't ready for a kid. He didn't want to be a father yet.

"Faris, babe? It's going to be okay." Cherry took his hands, trying to get him to focus on her rather than whatever he was certain to be worrying about.  "I promise it's going to be okay."

But could cherry really promise that? There were all sorts of complications that could happen during a pregnancy or birth. Vampire pregnancies were usually harder than human ones however having two vampire parents would make that easier. It was nothing compared to certain cross breeds like cambions. Plus Cherry was royalty. Mavati and Ahri could make sure the baby and Cherry was alright.

"We're going to have a baby. Our own family. That's a happy time, right?"

Faris looked up at Cherry with a smile but Cherry knew it was fake, forced. "Yeah. It's a happy time."

--

Cherry couldn't say she was surprised by her pregnancy harming her relationship with Faris. She knew he wasn't ready for a kid. She wasn't either but she couldn't bring herself to forcefully get rid of it. Mavati had said she could. Cherry had discussed the option with Faris but he'd been absolutely no help in deciding. Essentially he had said it was her body and her choice.

The two were relaxing in bed on their own sides. It wasn't as easy to cuddle as it used to be due to her growing baby bump. It wasn't like they'd cuddle anyways. Faris was trying his best to support Cherry but it felt empty to her, like his heart wasn't in it.

"Faris." Cherry gasped, reaching out to take his hand. "Baby is kicking." Cherry had taken to calling them that since she didn't know the gender. She guided his hand to rest against her stomach. Sure enough Faris felt the weak kick from the child. This was the first time they'd felt it.

Suddenly it all seemed more real. There was another life inside Cherry. His son or daughter. Faris finally looked up at Cherry to see her eyes glistening. He could see just how happy she was.

This wasn't some bar maiden he'd laid with once. He wasn't going to leave behind a single mother. He wasn't going to put another unlucky kid in his shoes.

This was his baby with his wife.

For the first time he felt just a bit excited for their child. He was a little less terrified of becoming a father.

--

That fear came back tenfold in just a few more months.

Faris stood awkwardly in the corner of the room as Ahri and Maelle spoke soothing words to Cherry. It was time for the child to be born.

Cherry had wanted Faris there with her for support but Ahri had told him not to hold her hand. If cherry squeezed his hand, as most women giving birth would, she would shatter it.

Cherry had been having a little trouble controlling her strength in the third trimester so Faris didn't doubt it. More items than usual needed to be replaced no matter how careful Cherry was.

Because of that, all Faris could do was watch. Or not watch. Looking away and only hearing the mixture of three voices wasn't much better. Cherry probably wouldn't blame him if he left but he chose to stay. He wanted to see their baby. He wanted to be there for Cherry as soon as it was safe to do so.

It seemed like hours but truly wasn't too much longer before he heard the cries of a baby and the three other women quieted down. Ahri stepped away from Cherry with the baby in her arms, going to quickly clean them up and wrap them in a blanket for Cherry. Maelle moved to Cherrys side brushed her hair aside, whispering words of praise and congratulations to the new mother for just a moment until Cherry was handed her baby.

Faris walked over to Cherry which Maelle took ad her cue to move away. She and Ahri quickly tidied up before leaving to give the new parents some privacy. Faris took Cherrys hand as he sat in a chair beside her bed.

Cherrys breathing was still a bit heavier than normal but she was alright. She cradled their child to her chest and gazed down at him. He was so tiny. Cherry hadn't held a baby in ages.

"Look at him." Cherry whispered, her voice full of joy and pride. "He's beautiful."

Their baby looked a lot like Faris. He was a little boy with tan skin only a bit lighter than his father's. He'd likely have the same white hair as faris did however he had gotten Cherrys blue eyes.

"Do you want to hold him?" Cherry asked. As much as she didn't want to let go of him, she knew Faris may want a chance as well.

Faris did want a chance however he was hesitant. He didn't think he'd ever held a baby. He had definetly never been around one this young.

Cherry took that as a yes. She carefully passed their baby to Faris, helping him adjust so he was comfortable.  "You're a daddy now. How does it feel?"

"It feels... Really good." Faris smiled, looking away from his baby to his wife for a moment then back again. He was a father. He was going to make sure he was a good one. For the sake of this angel in his arms.