scene: Daniel and Jacob

MissAvarice prepare for the adorable.

~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel yawned and rubbed his eyes as he made his way back towards the palace. He had waited too long to release his magic and so he'd had to actually leave the city to be able to safely discharge his magic. Hopefully no one noticed the sudden clearing a bit off the main traveling path anytime soon. Daniel leaned against the wall of a building to support him as he took a short break.  He should have had someone come with him. He felt like he was going to pass out.

With a huff he pushed himself off the wall and continued on his walk to the palace, fighting to keep his eyes open. He tripped up on his own dragging feet and would have fallen if it weren't for the strong arms that wrapped around his waist and kept him on his feet. "Careful there." A low voice said.

Daniel took a moment to come back to his senses before he slipped out of the man's arms and turned to face a giant.

Well maybe he wasn't a giant but he was tall.

The man was clearly a human. Daniel hadn't seen him around before though. The man was clearly startled when he saw Daniels red eyes reflecting the moonlight and seeming to glow.

"Delyras capital really is diverse... are you a demon?" The man asked.

"No!" Daniel snapped though it didn't sound all that threatening. More like a kitten trying to be frightening. Damn the magic drain. "I'm not a demon. I'm a vesper. They're... Completely different." Daniel didn't have the energy to keep his eyes open much longer. He should have enough magic to make a portal back to the palace though. At least, he hoped he did. 

Daniel didn't get a chance to try when the man spoke again. "sorry. I didn't know, I don't know what a vesper is. Are you alright though?"

"Fine." Daniel had meant to snap the words but it sounded more like a whine. "I'm fine." He said in a more solid voice, followed shortly after by a yawn.

"I'll walk you back to your house." The man decided. Daniel glanced at him from under his hood but didn't have the energy to fight it.

They started walking together towards the palace. Any time Jacob asked a question he would get a one word answers including when he asked what their destination was. Daniel was sure he could make it back.

That wasn't the first time he'd over estimated himself.

He was out of magic and energy. He leaned against the man's side a bit before he could no longer keep his eyes open.

The man caught Daniel before he fell and glanced around uncomfortably. Where did this vesper live? He knew he wouldn't get an answer so instead he picked up the smaller male and walked towards his aunt's house where he was staying for a short time.

- - -

When woke when he felt eyes on him. He groaned a bit and sat up, having a bit of a headache. Why was it so bright in here? His room was always dark...

Daniel soon realized this wasn't his room. He looked at the man sitting in a chair, staring at him. 

"What?" Daniel grumbled, not liking the gaze. He reached for his hood but then noticed he was only in his white shirt, his hoodie was folded on the ground next to him. He looked at the man again. "Quit staring!"

This seemed to snap the man out of his thoughts as he glanced away and rubbed the back of his neck with a chuckle. "Sorry you're just- there aren't many supernaturals in my home town."

Daniel huffed and reached for his hoodie. "Doesn't mean you should stare at anything that scares you."

"You don't scare me."

Daniel paused his actions. He was going to put on his hoodie but instead left it in his lap and looked at the man. "what?"

"I said you're not frightening. You're just interesting. Kind of cute, like a bat."

It was Daniels turn to stare before he huffed and looked away. "you're weird, human."

"Jacob. My name is Jacob." He replied.

Daniel only nodded.

"Can I get your name? I did carry you here and let you spend the night for free..." Jacob hinted that Daniel owed him at least a name.

"Daniel." He said. "and im not cute."

"Sure you are! You're just a little bat."

"I'm not a bat, I'm a vesper!" Daniel replied which only made Jacob laugh. Daniel tried to keep his stone face but the man's laughter was contagious. He couldn't help the hint of a smile that spread across his lips.

"Whatever you says Little Bat." Jacob said, glancing at Daniels ears. "Can I touch those?"

"No." Daniel replied quickly. It wasn't that it would hurt he just didn't like people touching his ears. He cleared his throat after a moment of awkward silence. "thanks for last night though. I... Got a little drained. That's all. I owe you one."

"How about dinner?" Jacob asked. "I'm new to town so it would be nice to see local favorites."

"Yeah. I can do that." Daniel decided. "I'll come back tonight around dinner time. But I have work now..." He needed to leave.

"Oh! Right." Jacob got up. "This way." He guided Daniel towards the door. Daniel muttered another thanks before pulling on his hoodie and walking out towards the palace. He knew where they were though he'd never been in this particular house.

"Daniel!" Jacob called out to him and Daniel turned to glance at him with a raised brow.
"Tonight's dinner? It's a date!"

Daniel almost choked when he heard those words, watching Jacob with wide eyes as he stepped back into his Aunt's house and shut the door.

It's a date...

Daniel had a date.

Another small smile played at his lips as he continued his way to the palace. Maybe last night's collapse wasn't such a bad thing.