15 ║ ELENA'S GOLDEN DAYS

❝One person caring about another represents life's greatest value

❝One person caring about another represents life's greatest value.❞

Jim Rohn

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Lydia and George Feeny were visiting New York. The kids were currently bombarding George with questions about what the group of friends were like growing up. Meanwhile, Elena was catching up with her abuelita.

"Her kids shipped her off to Silver Sunset Villa as soon as she qualified for a senior discount at the movies," Elena shook her head with a frown as she spoke of one of her employees.

"I could never live like that," Lydia grimaced.

"Me neither. Living in some old folks home, telling me when I can and cannot eat my Jell-O?" Elena scoffed, she would eat Jell-O whenever she damn pleased.

"Well, lucky me," Lydia smiled fondly at the man she spent years swearing was nothing more than a non-sexual platonic companion, "George will always take care of me."

"And I'll be here to take care of him taking care of you," Elena smiled teasingly.

Lydia sighed. "I just wonder what's gonna happen to you. Without a husband, you're just staring down the barrel of a future with no one to look out for you. No one to feed you, no one to bathe you, no one to change the channel when you're about to miss your telenovela," Lydia frowned when her granddaughter didn't get the hint, "I was being subtle. My telenovela is starting soon!"

Elena jumped to get the remote at her Abuelita's sharp tone. "Sorry, Abuelita," She changed the channel before she took a moment to think over her words, "But you don't have to worry, I have Shawn now."

Lydia didn't say anything and just raised a brow, clearly not having much hope in him.

"Shawn can take care of me," Elena insisted but even she didn't sound convinced.

"He cannot even take care of himself," Lydia deadpanned and they both knew it was true.

Cory and Shawn wouldn't have lasted long in life without Topanga and Elena. If anything, Elena would be the one taking care of Shawn.

Elena frowned when she realized that and she jumped up. "You're right, and I hate to say that but you are. I gotta figure this out. I'll be back. And, Abuelita, if you need anything, let me know... and I'll tell Feeny."

Elena was never one to do... well, much. But she always found a way to get the job done by telling other people to do what she had to but didn't want to do.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Elena was currently holding interviews to see who she was going to let take care of her. Of course, no one knew that's what she was doing. She was going to start off with Riley, the most compassionate of the group.