22│LOST AND CONFUSED

❝I'm naturally a protective person to those close to me

❝I'm naturally a protective person to those close to me.❞

Jason Statham

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Yes," Jill Hollinger, one of the school's resident nice girls, smiled.

Elena and River were walking down the hallway when they saw her standing with Shawn at his locker.

"Say it again," Shawn insisted with a dreamy look.

Elena gave River a look of surprise as they watched the two. She'd never seen Shawn acting like this over a girl. She smiled softly at her best friend, she was happy that he was asking a nice girl out and that he seemed to be over the whole 'Shalena' thing as Cory put it.

"Yes, I'd love to go out with you."

"Now say it with my name," He begged with a goofy smile on his face.

"Yes, Shawn, I'd love to go out with you... Shawn," Jill repeated with a giggle.

"Well, who's Shawn?" He wondered with a smirk.

"You are."

"I know," He grinned.

Jill gave a final giggle before she walked away with a flirty wave.

Elena nodded her head to Shawn once Jill was out of sight and the two made their way to him. They reached Shawn just as Cory had.

"Hey, Shawn." Elena greeted.

"Jill Hollinger, wow!" Cory exclaimed with an impressed smile, "This is a whole new type of girl for you."

"I know! She's got style, she's got elegance, she's got... parents." Shawn sighed dreamily as he thought of her. He glanced at Elena quickly before focusing on Cory.

She doesn't want you, he told himself as he bit back the frown that was trying to make its way onto his face.

Elena paused at the mention of parents. She had them, she'd just lost one for the foreseeable future. She hadn't seen her father since the night of the couple's only party and she hadn't spoken to him either.

It had been almost a month since that night and Elena couldn't help but feel like he'd abandoned her. He never left –or got kicked out to be specific– without letting her know, whether it was telling Mr. Feeny or leaving her a note. And she didn't know what to make of that.

She shook her head with a quiet sigh before she smiled at Shawn. "I'm really happy for you, Shawnie."

"Thanks, Lena," He smiled softly at her but his smile didn't really reach his eye.

But then again neither did her's.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼