18│NEW BABYSITTER

❝There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep

❝There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.❞

Homer

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Tonight is going to be the best night of our lives," Shawn smiled as he sat on the cafeteria table with Elena and Cory.

"Mom and dad, gone." Cory grinned.

"Your brother, date," Elena added.

"And who's left in charge?" Cory smirked.

"Judy, Queen of Zits." Shawn laughed as he high fived Cory.

"We'll tell her she's looking especially broken out this evening." Shawn planned with a smirk.

"So she'll spend all night in the bathroom squeezing her face." Cory agreed immediately.

"I'm proud, you two actually came up with a plan that won't blow up in your faces for once." Elena laughed.

"And our plan leaves us to watch," Shawn smiled as he pulled out a VCR tape from his backpack.

"Barney Salutes the Alphabet?" Elena looked at the tape with a confused look.

"That's just the box," Shawn explained, "It's parent camouflage. Outside, a happy purple sock. Inside, the guts are flying."

"Whoa!" Cory exclaimed as Shawn pulled out the actual tape, "I'm Blowing Up Your Head Part SixStumpy's Revenge."

Elena looked over at Shawn, "I thought Stumpy died in Part Five."

"Well, that's why he wants revenge." Shawn pointed out, "But don't worry Lena, I'll keep you safe."

Elena raised a brow, "You can't keep yourself safe from a street cat."

"Can we please stop bringing up the street cat!" Shawn huffed.

"So you admit it, you were afraid of that cat!" Elena smirked triumphantly.

"What? No! I was not afraid of that dumb cat!"

"This is going to be a long night," Cory huffed, "Alright lovebirds, break it up."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Yes, I would love another cup of tea. And would you like to try my new floppy hat?"

Elena stifled a laugh as she turned away from the TV towards Morgan and Mr. Feeny who were having a tea party.

"No Morgan, now here I really must draw the line. I will not put on your floppy hat." Mr. Feeny told her sternly.

Elena smiled proudly when she saw Morgan pull out the puppy dog eyes and pout, "I taught her that!"