8│LOVE, SEX, SLANDER

❝Fake friends believe in rumors

❝Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.❞

Yolanda Hadid

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Love, sex, slander!" Mr. Turner called out as he wrote on the blackboard, "Even though 'Much Ado About Nothing' was written 400 hundred years ago, Shakespeare has captured raw human emotion in a way that is still riveting today, still has us glued to our seats."

Just as he said that Shawn slipped out of his seat in his sleep and shuffled about before going back to sleep. Without hesitation, Cory and Elena kicked him to wake him up.

"No debe ser muy buen pegamento, huh?" Elena smirked as Shawn sat up and looked around groggily.

"You know, these chairs really aren't the best for sleeping." Shawn laughed nervously as he sat down in his seat with a sheepish smile.

"Hey, you can't blame him. The whole class is sleeping this time," Elena defended Shawn when she saw the unamused glare Mr. Turner gave him.

"Oh, come on!" Mr. Turner said exasperatedly when he saw them all sleeping, "You got this innocent young girl and somebody says that she slept with this other guy, right? And her reputation is shot and we think she's killed herself. Now, where are you going to find this kind of stuff?"

Topanga guessed when Mr. Turner looked at her, "Melrose Place."

"NYPD Blue," Shawn suggested with a smirk.

"Outside," Elena scoffed.

Mr. Turner gave her an impressed look but before he could say anything Cory jumped in to join his friends.

"Barney." The class gave him a weird look and Cory laughed nervously in embarrassment, "My sister says he's gotten edgier."

Elena patted his shoulder comfortingly, "I worry about you. A lot."

Cory gave her an appreciative smile, "Thanks, I need it."

"Trust me, I know."

"Mr. Turner," Topanga smiled at him, "We just can't relate to these characters at all."

"Why not?" Mr. Turner asked with a huff.

"Because nobody acts like this." Shawn scoffed as he held up the book.

"Just because some guy says something about some girl, the girl wants to kill herself over it? They say that stuff about Heather Locklear every week and she doesn't want to kill herself," Cory told him.

"You're right, Matthews." Mr. Turner told him.

Elena's eyes widened as she raised an eyebrow, "There's something you never thought you'd hear."

"I'm right?" Cory asked in shock himself.

"No, you're exactly right." Mr. Turner nodded his head.

Cory's mouth dropped even further, "So am I done with my education? Can I go?"