6│LILAC SKY

❝You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky

❝You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky. Then you decided purple just wasn't for you.❞

Colors | Halsey

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey, look. Somebody left their purse," Shawn frowned when he noticed the purse lying carelessly on the table by his favorite hallway nap couch.

Cory looked around in hopes of finding the owner but instead saw Mr. Feeny. "Hey, Mr. Feeny, we found this purse. Who runs the lost and found?"

Mr. Feeny paused and stared at him dryly. "I do, Mr. Matthews. I teach English, history, and film, and I run the lost and found."

Cory smiled sheepishly. "We'll put up a notice."

"Would you?" He snapped as he walked off, heading from one class straight into a meeting.

"Maybe you should go through it and see if there's any ID," Shawn suggested.

Cory's eyes widened and he shoved the bag into Shawn's hands. "No. Not gonna. I once went through Elena's purse. Yeah. I can't look at her anymore," He frowned fearfully, "You know when she threatens to hurt us when we're stupid? Yeah, she's not joking!"

Shawn rolled his eyes and made a big show of opening the purse to tease Cory. "Okay. Stand back. I'm going in. Okay. No wallet. No ID."

"Well, there's got to be something in there that lets us know who she is, right?" Cory guessed as he took a step closer to get a better look into the bag.

"Lip gloss," Shawn handed him the tube of red lip gloss, "She cares about her lips."

Cory immediately opened the tube and smelled it, smiling at the sweet smell before he checked the label. "Hm," He sighed happily as he took another whiff, "Candy Baby," He read out.

Shawn gasped and grabbed the rube from him. "No way! Candy Baby... That is so sexy! Do you know that the Ted Koppel show called that 'the lip gloss of forbidden love'?"

"And look at this, a book of sonnets," Cory pointed to the book as he spread the Candy Baby flavored lip gloss across his lips like it was his.

"Shakespeare, I hear he's good," Shawn chuckled as he opened the book, "Notice the bookmark. A ticket stub to a Van Damme movie. Only the greatest actor ever made."

"Okay, so what we got here is a purse-losing, lips-protecting, poetry-reading, Van Damme-loving gal," Cory surmised as he smacked his lips together to spread the sweet lip gloss.

Shawn didn't say anything as he continued to flip through the book of sonnets, his eyes skimming across the little notes written throughout. The handwriting felt familiar but he just couldn't place it. He was too entranced in the words written to focus on the handwriting anyway.